Bushnell 4200 Elite

All the dope on risers, rings, scopes and optics.
slickab
B Poster
B Poster

Bushnell 4200 Elite

Post by slickab »

I have an opportunity to get a 4200 Elite AO 6-24x40 with 1/4 moa dot for a good price. Will this make a good silhouette scope? Probably going on a annie 1416 d/kl.
Dee
Master Poster
Master Poster

Re: Bushnell 4200 Elite

Post by Dee »

I use the same scope on my 1712 and TX200. Great glass and repeatable turrets. Some people may find the 1/4" dot a little small but I think it is ok. I will probably get a 3/8" dot when I step up to a 30x fixed Leupold now that I am holding 24x well enough to go higher mag. The 4200 is 1/8" clicks and if you zero on Chickens you end up around the spot on a different revolution of elevation for 100m Rams. This is no big deal so long as you remember where you are at and change your settings to the next animal before you leave the line.

They hold their resale value as well so that is nice should you want to change later you won't lose much value. Not sure what you are getting one for but the last one I got was $415 new shipped or right about that much.

Dee
Trespassers will be shot.
Survivors will be shot again!
slickab
B Poster
B Poster

Post by slickab »

Thanks Dee,
I have a vx-II 6-18x40 fch/dot on my 1712. The 4200 is 4.5 ounces heavier. Do you have trouble making weight in hunter class?
Dee
Master Poster
Master Poster

Post by Dee »

No problem making weight for me in fact I weighed it today and it was right at 8 lbs. in a Pharr stock. In wood it may be close not sure what the weight difference is in the two I do know a Pharr seems lighter. That is the other thing I like about the 4200 at the moment is that is adds that extra 6 ounces over a 30x fixed Leupold. When I go to that scope I wil have to add some weight to the stock and try and get it within a few ounces of the max 8.5 lbs.

Dee
Trespassers will be shot.
Survivors will be shot again!