Leupold scopes... old or new?

All the dope on risers, rings, scopes and optics.
Trent
Expert Master Poster
Expert Master Poster

Leupold scopes... old or new?

Post by Trent »

Has Leupold ever made any significant changes in their designs that would make newer or older scopes more preferable? I know the outside finish has changed, but what about glass and internals?

Just curious.
BCloninger
Master Poster
Master Poster

Re: Leupold scopes... old or new?

Post by BCloninger »

Their coatings have been improved several times and their designs have been refined. Newer models are usually a little lighter, and their glass is brighter with better color contrast, but an old one is still excellent.
"You are never too old to set another goal or to dream a new dream."
- C.S. Lewis
Jerry G
Uber Master Poster
Uber Master Poster

Post by Jerry G »

I think the company is sliding into "shitty". Same thing has happened to remington.
Bob259
Uber Master Poster
Uber Master Poster

Post by Bob259 »

Jerry G wrote:I think the company is sliding into "shitty". Same thing has happened to remington.
I agree Jerry. My last few dealings with them (custom shop) has not been very good, lost orders, wrong order shipped, my order shipped to someone else and they were not sure who, wrong dot size installed..... need I say more. A few years back none of this would have happened, I think they lost a lot of good people to the bean counters and it shows, just like a lot of the companies in the US have done and sunk too lately.
F Troop - Southwest Outpost

Proud Member of the Ram Slammers US Division (Two Bob)