CZ 452 + mounting 30mm scope

All the dope on risers, rings, scopes and optics.
Mt_Medic31
A Poster
A Poster

CZ 452 + mounting 30mm scope

Post by Mt_Medic31 »

Bought a CZ 452 Silhouette to compete in Hunting class. I wanted to put some good glass on it, so bought a Vortex Viper 6.5-20x50 with 30mm tube. Turns out, I had a hell of a time finding a scope mount for that because of the 11mm European rail. I changed to this scope the week of the state match (I know maybe not the wisest move), so needed something local. after several stops at local places, ended up at Cabelas, where I ended up with a 2 piece adapter, and Medium Burris rings. I torqued it all properly with the torque wrench, but still it's more joints than I care for. A guy at the range told me about Lynx rings that would do it, but could find no info online.

I ended up finding some that would fit, in 30mm high, from Hawke on SWFA.com. Ordered them, hope it works, but will have to deal with the redneck engineered ones for this match, ces la vie. Hope to save a headache for someone in the future. The make shift mount provided satisfactory groups, and shot fine in practice. PLUS, still under the 1.5" max elevation, actually came out at .99" from top of action to bottom of tube.
DOPE? Boy, do I look like a hippy to you?
Innocent
Uber Master Poster
Uber Master Poster

Re: CZ 452 + mounting 30mm scope

Post by Innocent »

Medi....BKL(257 or 257H) the quality is not as good as the original manufacturer but they are the least expensive and work.

Mary
Proud member of SNOSS. I earned mine!
Proud member of IBDF Club...

Guilty until proven Innocent by the press.
Mt_Medic31
A Poster
A Poster

Post by Mt_Medic31 »

Thank you mary,
If the Hawkes don't work I will go BKL route. I swear google sucks these days. I searched an hour, with every combination of 11mm, European, 30mm, rings, mounts, etc etc. And hardly came up with anything. The hawkes are only $15, so dunno if that's a bad thing. They were the only 30mm rings without an adapter.
Mt_Medic31
A Poster
A Poster

Post by Mt_Medic31 »

I got the Hawke rings in, and tried them on. Rock steady, and only $15. It's a 50mm objective, and there's another 1/4" of clearance under the bell. Money well spent. The bottom bracket on the rings is reversible, so will fit 11mm OR 3/8" rail. Well thought out, lightweight, and seem really sturdy to me. They remind me of the Weaver 4-hole skeleton rings, but without the skeleton part.

Anyone wants to check them out:
http://swfa.com/Hawke-9-11mm-30mm-Match ... 46729.aspx
lone ringer
Master Poster
Master Poster

Post by lone ringer »

The Hawke rings look like a copy of the English made Sportsmatch imported by Beeman but those are in the $35 range.
http://www.pyramydair.com/s/a/Beeman_50 ... etail/1938
Got Juice?
Unclassified Poster

Post by Got Juice? »

http://www.recknagel.de/Joomla/en/catal ... ml?start=1

Proper Rings for a CZ Rifle with the 11mm Dovetail.

They are NOT cheap. But they work. Use an inch-lb torque wrench on your allen key when mounting the scope to the bases. It is time well spent.

Here is what a Millett TRS-1 4x16x50 looks like attached to a CZ452 Varmint.

At 50 yards the group was .342" And with a little more time spent getting used to the glass (this evening was just a bore sight and test run) I bet the groups could get tighter. And this was with Cheap old American Eagle .40gr solid points!!!

Got Juice?
Unclassified Poster

Post by Got Juice? »

Rings are steel billet and clamp on using a separate dovetail snubber. Rings are also lapped perfectly.
alan
B Poster
B Poster

FWIW:

Post by alan »

Sports match....made in the UKhttp://www.leupold.com/tactical/product ... m-reticle/
the units I selected are the HT036C they will do what you want and are well made not a copy.
I just purchased a pair for a 30mm scope on a 11.5 dove tail read( FWB 2602)....46.00 local airgun shop in Lakewood California had them in stock.
Airguns of Arizona sells them on line as well.
The Beeman (Now Defunct) clones are a knock off made in China (where else) ?
I recall the day they went off shore to have them made. I prefer the Sportsmatch.

Good luck.

Alan
Jeaux
A Poster
A Poster

Post by Jeaux »

The Hawke mounts should serve you well. Those things are spring airgun rated and look to be clones of the British Sportsmatch mounts. I have a buddy that is a Hawke dealer and bought a pair from him and they have been great on my Open class air rifle, and I have no plans to change them out. They are very solid mounts. I have about one of everything except the Burris Signature Zee rings and they all seem to work just fine. I am very fond of the several BKL mounts that I have. For mounting on a dovetail, you can't hardly beat them for simplicity and rock solid build.