New Premier Rifle Scopes

All the dope on risers, rings, scopes and optics.
atomicbrh
Master Poster
Master Poster

New Premier Rifle Scopes

Post by atomicbrh »

What is the deal? I typed in a search to look at the Premier Reticle Website. I could not find the old site but looked at the new site featuring their new "Superduper Tactical Heritage" scope with a 2800 Bazillion $ price tag. I thought I was having a heart attack when I saw that price tag and then the Retailers they have lined up to sell them.

I did not even see a product I thought I could shoot Silhouette with. I know the history of Leupold falling out with Premier since Premier got the Schimdt and Bender contract with the Military but man those are some high prices.

I guess us poor folk Silhouette Shooters will have to stick with old Weavers, Bushnells, Tascos and Leupolds.

Do they still do modifications to other brands of scopes for us commoners like in the past?

Bobby R. Huddleston
Bob259
Uber Master Poster
Uber Master Poster

Re: New Premier Rifle Scopes

Post by Bob259 »

atomicbrh wrote:.................Do they still do modifications to other brands of scopes for us commoners like in the past?

Bobby R. Huddleston
Bobby, one word Nope.... Since the father passed away the the business took a turn in direction I believe all they work on are the S&B and their own now.
F Troop - Southwest Outpost

Proud Member of the Ram Slammers US Division (Two Bob)
ppkny
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by ppkny »

You can still get a .006 dot reticle put in at the Leupold custom shop for about $50. They offer two styles one with the dot suspended by fine lines and one with the dot suspended with tapered lines.
ppkny
atomicbrh
Master Poster
Master Poster

Post by atomicbrh »

ppkny, we have two of those Custom Shop .006 Dots on our Target Air Rifles. We really like them for the AIr Rifles. I just wish someone out there was doubling the magnification on the 6.5 to 20X EFR's like Premier did in the past and the scope would still be coverd by Leupold's Lifetime Warranty.

I am thinking about converting all my optics to Leupolds as I can afford it since they are the only American owned optics Manufacturer left. If there is another American optics manufacturer out there I would like to know about them.

Bobby R. Huddleston
ppkny
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by ppkny »

I just bought another Leupold 6.5 x 20 EFR from Chicken George ( Chickens Shooting Supply) on this site to use on my new HP gun. Great price and he does the shipping to Leupold for the dot and they drop ship it to you. Make sure you tell them what type on suspension lines you want. Mine came in with the tapered ones and had to go back. No problem and no extra cost just more time in getting it on the gun.
Chicken George is a great guy to work with.
ppkny
atomicbrh
Master Poster
Master Poster

Post by atomicbrh »

I too order my optics from Chicken George. My last two Chicken George Custom Shop EFR's came with the tapered crosshairs and large dot. Nobody in the family shooting these scopes has ever noticed or mentioned that the crosshairs are tapered. That taper appears very gradual to us. Maybe our eyesight is just not that good? FWIW I have been told that the tapered reticle can take more recoil without shaking loose. May or may not be true. We sure have enjoyed those EFR's on the 10 Meter Air Guns. All of my family feels the need for more than 20X Magnification on the Smallbore guns especially on the two distance animals.

Bobby R. Huddleston
lone ringer
Master Poster
Master Poster

Post by lone ringer »

Leupold dot reticles (the ones with tapered cross hairs) are my favorite, for more than one reason, the tapered cross hairs seem to draw my attention to the center of the scope faster than the fine cross hairs and I can see them better against dark targets or back ground.
From the Leupold Web Site.
"Leupold Dot A Leupold exclusive, this reticle still has a prominent dot like the so-called “floating dot.” But the thinning portion of the crosshair makes locating the dot much easier."
FieldTargetNC
Unclassified Poster

Post by FieldTargetNC »

If your looking for a "real" boosted Leupold Premier scope check out my ad for the 14.5 x 35 in the marketplace. It is super clean and ready to go.
Warren
I prefer to fail in small increments
atomicbrh
Master Poster
Master Poster

Post by atomicbrh »

Lone Ringer's last post on this topic was short and concise but the information in that post revealed his wisdom gained from many years of competitive shooting success. When viewing through the actual Leupold Dot scopes the tapered crosshairs are not as prominent or thick on the edges of the field of view as it appears on line drawings of the reticles on Leupold's website or advertising literature. I think it is a natural sub-conscious functioning of the brain or an optical trick that the not easily noticed taper of the Leupold Dot crosshair directs the eye to the center of the field of view. FWIW I think there must be the right combination of dot size and crosshair thickness or taper for each individual. Wrong size dot and wrong size crosshair directs the eye away from the target and onto the dot and this varies from person to person.

My family began with 40X scopes years ago with 1/4 Dot. The 40X scopes we had did not track very well but that was a long time ago. Then Weaver T36 with 1/8 Dot. Then 24X with 1/2 MOA Dot. Now we are going back to more magnification with a smaller dot again because we think we were giving up too much on the Turkey and Ram. That's why I do not normally sell optics because who knows what I will need to go back to as I age.

Bobby R. Huddleston