Which is "The" Sightron Scope for Silhouette?

All the dope on risers, rings, scopes and optics.
teetertotter
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Re: Which is "The" Sightron Scope for Silhouette?

Post by teetertotter »

CZ..Thank you again for conveying Chicken George being the scope man. Delivery on my Sightron SIL will be late this evening.
Early tomorrow morning it will be mounted and adjust the eye piece to get the best reticle sharpness and not waiting until next week to do. I belong to an indoor range a mile from home and will site in for 50ft indoor paper, then drive 10 minutes to our club outdoor range. After sighting for 50 ft, I will know approx, setting to start with at 40 meters. I am just going to be happier with front focus, xtra 4x, and parallax 10 yards to infinity over my Vortex Viper target dot. Tape distant marking will be easier and more precise with front focus, and maybe brightness and contrast will be a little sharper compared to the Viper. The 50 yard parallax on the Viper was not real crisp at 40 meters, but good enough. We will be checking it all out. The Viper has really good glass. I am sure I will appreciate my new Sightron SIL from what people are saying and will be a nice Christmas present!
Chicken George had the best price on this scope, prompt e-mail replies, fast shipping, very knowledgeable scope man for specific applications, and a SC member to support. ^:)^
LH CZ 452 Amer, Free Floated, FX-3 25X40, D3 Rings, TAC-22
https://www.beloitrifleclub.org/shootin ... ilhouette/
CZforlife
Master Poster
Master Poster

Post by CZforlife »

Teeter no need for thanks, I'm just doing the same thing others did for me. :-bd
Baby Huey
teetertotter
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by teetertotter »

The new Sightron SIIB62442SIL when mounted in my .22 CZ American, it was 5 inches low and 1 inch to the right of 1/4 inch black dia target dot. Adjustment was easy to get dead center. I like the eye relief, sharp contrast of black magic marker dot against white paper when I was wearing light blue tinted glasses, optics are very clear presenting a sharp image at 50 feet indoors, I really like the scope target dot size which is smaller than I was used to, cross hairs are very fine which I like, turret markings are hard to read, turrets are mushy and have to make sure it is seated at the location you want, and the number markings go up to 20, and very small and stubby turrets. We will see when we go outdoors in May, how I like the turrets which have no positive click sound and hard to feel it seat at the harsh mark you want. You really have to look closely at the diai markings to see if both line up due to turrets being so mushy. I will keep the scope and perhaps I will get used to the turret mushiness and small hard to read turrets when I go outdoors to try in May. Also, I will get an idea of its optics brightness. The turrets are a real downer, IMO. This is my report on the SIL.
LH CZ 452 Amer, Free Floated, FX-3 25X40, D3 Rings, TAC-22
https://www.beloitrifleclub.org/shootin ... ilhouette/
Jason
Uber Master Poster
Uber Master Poster

Post by Jason »

I've had a few scopes with target turrets with mushy clicks that were fixed by removing the caps and taking out excess grease under them. You might try that. The only two Sightron target scopes that I've had (SII 24x44 and older gen SII 6-24x44) had turrets that were a little on the harsh side they were so crisp. I actually wanted to add some grease to those. :mrgreen: