Burris Zee-Rings + 1712

All the dope on risers, rings, scopes and optics.
mordecai
Forum Fiddler
Forum Fiddler

Burris Zee-Rings + 1712

Post by mordecai »

So, I'm putting some Zee rings onto my 1712 and they won't sit straight. The radius of the receiver is not sitting flat enough for the bottom of the ring/mount.
Can I assume this is a normal problem and there's a normal solution?
I've never heard of anyone grinding the bottom of the mounts but I'm wondering if that's what I need to do?
ImageImage
Jason
Uber Master Poster
Uber Master Poster

Re: Burris Zee-Rings + 1712

Post by Jason »

Rounded receivers and those Burris rimfire Signature rings don't go together. They don't fit straight on my 1712 or on my Kimber 82G for the same reason. They work fine on flatter receivers like the CZ 452. The normal solution is to use different rings on rounded receivers. The BKL 257 or 257H (high) rings work fine. :)
mordecai
Forum Fiddler
Forum Fiddler

Post by mordecai »

LOL - everyone talks like the ZEE's are the end all be all - who'da thunk...

I'll try the 257's I just put in the garage next....
ImageImage
Trent
Expert Master Poster
Expert Master Poster

Post by Trent »

There are TWO versions of the Burris Signature Zee rings (or at least there were). One with a radius to match round receivers and another with a flat bottom. You have to order the correct ones. If you try to mount the flat bottom rings onto a round action you will not get good results. I ended up with a flat bottom set a few years ago and ended up cutting a radius into them with a file in order to get them to fit on a normal round top receiver.

I don't know if you can truly call them the end all be all... but they are certainly fantastic rings.
ter
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by ter »

I also had issues with the flat bottom zee rings fitting correctly. Like Trent said, a file and some elbow grease will make them fit. I also has another set that has really, really sharp edges, and naturally I cut my had before I filed the edges. Then when I snugged them down, the ring cracked. So I am 0/2 with Burris, so I prefer Sportsmatch 11mm rings. Leupold also makes a 11 MM set, I have a pair, but did not use them yet.
webmaster
Site Admin

Post by webmaster »

I did some "work" on the Zee's but I could see it wasn't going to be successful...
I slapped the BKL's on at the range and you wouldn't believe it but the windage was on and so was the chicken right at 0. I was blown away...
Trent
Expert Master Poster
Expert Master Poster

Post by Trent »

Nice. :-bd