Intensity Optics 6.5-20x40

All the dope on risers, rings, scopes and optics.
Chromie
B Poster
B Poster

Intensity Optics 6.5-20x40

Post by Chromie »

Does the Intensity Optics 6.5-20x44 track and function well enough for this sport? I already have one, and would like to be able to use it if it isn't going to cause me trouble. It is dialed in on my Tikka .223 now.

Sorry for such a noob question, but I was hoping someone could save me some trouble and ammo.
Innocent
Uber Master Poster
Uber Master Poster

Re: Intensity Optics 6.5-20x40

Post by Innocent »

Chromie, In my travels I have not seen an Intesity optics but what I can find on them.....they appear to be a Simmons. Short answer, you are going to end up with another scope soon. My experience with Simmons is they may hold the tracking for 2 to 10 matches, then it gives out. Great scopes for a 243...where you have it set for one distance and leave it. If you do shoot it in matches, look for the adjustments, a lot of Simmons are 8 minute clicks, which means more than a full rotation between chickens and rams...easy place to get lost as to which way you moved especially for a noob.
Good range for variable power, especially for a noob, start lower power 8 to 12, then as your hold stablizes with practice, increase your power. 44mm objective is pushing the large size for most people, to clear the barrel, with the scope mounted properly, and to get it low enough for proper cheek weld, unless you have a long neck.

Try it for a few times, you will know when it goes south!

Mary
Proud member of SNOSS. I earned mine!
Proud member of IBDF Club...

Guilty until proven Innocent by the press.
silhouette13
AA Poster
AA Poster

Re: Intensity Optics 6.5-20x40

Post by silhouette13 »

i second Marys sentiments, i have lesser scopes on my hunting ( deer) rifles and they hold zero fine, mechanics are more inportant than the glass im my opinion. that being said, the road you choose can be expensive or not so expensive, leupold x3 are the std, with weaver bushnell and sightron being good choices as well.

as a good scope that will last and be mechanicly sound look at weaver for less expensive options, either the classic v series or the 44 series, get something with an a/o and target turrets, i actually like the weaver semi target turrets.

an investment in good glass is an investment, decent glass holds it value pretty well, in the case of the elusive weaver kt15 it increases.

go ahead and shoot the intenisty for a match or two, when there look at and look through a couple of fellow compeitors scopes, silhouette shooters love to have people look at their equipment, so it should not be a problem to find something you like. if you are close in weight dont over look fixed power offerings.
good luck, take your time and have fun.

dave
Sako Finnfire /weaver v16 tk lee 3/8 dot
Hoyt
Truball
Easton