BKL mounts

All the dope on risers, rings, scopes and optics.
GregG
AA Poster
AA Poster

BKL mounts

Post by GregG »

All,

Does anyone have any information regarding the status of BKL?

I have left many messages with the company regarding a custom order I place in summary. I did talk with them in early fall and was told the mounts were out to powder coating.

Are they still in businness? Their answering maching has been full for weeks, they do not answer emails?

Greg
Travelor
A Poster
A Poster

Post by Travelor »

GregG I got the same answer for 4 months on a set of custom rings. Finally had them sent to me uncoated.

They are VERY slow!!!!!!!!!!!!!
George

No one cares how much you know until they know how much you care.
BlauBear
Uber Master Poster
Uber Master Poster

Post by BlauBear »

BKL has earned a reputation for building a tremendous product, no matter how long it takes, but I'm okay with that because because their stuff is worth the wait. For some reason, I've acquired a taste for several products (not just BKL) that require world class patience.
"If the America people ever allow private banks to control the issuance of their currencies, first by inflation and then by deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around them will deprive the people of all their prosperity" - TJ
nanaimoman
B Poster
B Poster

Post by nanaimoman »

BlauBear wrote: I've acquired a taste for several products (not just BKL) that require world class patience.
Yup almost every custom component of my rifle has required world class patience, however I also own a world class quality rifle because of it!
BlauBear
Uber Master Poster
Uber Master Poster

Post by BlauBear »

Obsessive personalities work to their own schedule, and it's usually best not to annoy them. Which is extra difficult because as a group we can also be a little intense... :roll:
"If the America people ever allow private banks to control the issuance of their currencies, first by inflation and then by deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around them will deprive the people of all their prosperity" - TJ
ajj
AA Poster
AA Poster

Post by ajj »

Kind of ironic that if you want the VERY best rings, made to your order, you don't have to wait but a few days. At least, I didn't. Whatever he says is what it will be. Call Marvin Pearson.
orangeblaster
B Poster
B Poster

Post by orangeblaster »

Saw this post is pretty old... but with the advice given so far you probably don't have your rings yet.
My experience with BLK is annoy the hell out of them or never see what you ordered.
They are quite nice people but lacking structure in the business end of things. Direct quote from some guy who answers the phone at BKL "If the order is more than a month old then we lost it. Happens all the time around here." My particular order was lost and found twice. Ironically the second time they 'found' the order was a month after they shipped the rings. If I wasn't honest I would have had a second set.