I dont like my BKL rings

All the dope on risers, rings, scopes and optics.
teetertotter
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Re: I dont like my BKL rings

Post by teetertotter »

I have just determined that I need BKL-257, .77 inches tall and BKL-166 riser @ .68 inches tall which will give me total height of 1.45 inches. I have been using BKL-257 in .977 inches tall. I just bought the riser and installed today which puts me a hair over the 1.50 inch height with current ring -257 rings. My Sightron 6-24X42SIL should be able to take the extra 1/2 inch in height. This will also allow me to get a better shoulder hold w/o running off the top of my shoulder. Cheek weld will still be there. I have had 30mm BKL rings and aligned perfectly going back 1-1/2 years. My current BKL rings aligned and have been great for the past 3 months. Where can you find 3/8 dovetail rings that are 1.50 inches in height from bottom tube to rifle barrel, sorta speak??? Weight is no issue.
LH CZ 452 Amer, Free Floated, FX-3 25X40, D3 Rings, TAC-22
https://www.beloitrifleclub.org/shootin ... ilhouette/
teetertotter
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

BKL is still terrific!

Post by teetertotter »

BKL riser and rings are where it is at! I replaced my old BKL rings with .77 inch and then added the .68 riser to give me total scope height of 1.45 inches, which is much better than one inch the past 3 months. There is nothing not to like.
LH CZ 452 Amer, Free Floated, FX-3 25X40, D3 Rings, TAC-22
https://www.beloitrifleclub.org/shootin ... ilhouette/
acorneau
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by acorneau »

Bumping because I'm thinking about trying out the medium/riser combo on my CZ 452 and I came across this thread in a forum search for the BKL risers.

I'm using the BKL high rings right now, and while I've gotten used to having a "mid-jaw weld" instead of a solid cheek weld, I still have to be up on my finger tips with my left hand and the toe of the butt-stock is up near my clavicle. I'm thinking the 1/2" taller combo over the high rings could help with a more comfortable hold all around.

I already have a set of the medium rings so I would just have to pick up a set of the risers to try out.

I'm also curious to know what the implications are for raising up the scope another 1/2" off the barrel as far as elevations settings go.

Thanks for the help.
Allen Corneau
DavidABQ
Expert Master Poster
Expert Master Poster

Post by DavidABQ »

OldRanger
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by OldRanger »

pm sent
I buy all my guns from t-rex. He's a small arms dealer.
DavidABQ
Expert Master Poster
Expert Master Poster

Post by DavidABQ »

I cannot believe I left these guys out!

http://harrellsprec.com/index.php/produ ... cope-rings
acorneau
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by acorneau »

Got the risers mounted last night and made a quick run over to the indoor range at lunchtime for sighting in and a little practice.

The new scope set-up feels a little more comfortable for my hands, arms, and shoulder placement, but the cheek riser is now touching my lower jaw which feels a bit odd. I'm sure I'll settle into it after a little bit.

Running one full round of TQ-14 50-foot paper targets yielded a 30/40, the best score I've ever had and the first time I broke the 30 mark!

\:D/
Allen Corneau