decent entry level scope

All the dope on risers, rings, scopes and optics.
pbansen
B Poster
B Poster

Re: decent entry level scope

Post by pbansen »

Thanks, Dee!

I think I'm OK on weight. It's a CZ Style (Silhouette with a nickel finish instead of blued) and the gun comes in at 5 lb 14.25oz. A 22 oz scope would give a total of 7 lbs, 4.25 oz which would allow plenty of leeway for rings.

I appreciate your input. I have a 4200 Elite 4-16x40 on my 452 Varmint and it's a great scope.

Pete
CZforlife
Master Poster
Master Poster

Post by CZforlife »

You'll have more than enough weight to spare even after the scope! After you get the scope you decide on, fill the rifle with leadshot up to the 8.5lb mark, it helps! just my opinion though!
Baby Huey
pbansen
B Poster
B Poster

Post by pbansen »

I could probably get the Varmint right to 8.5 lbs by putting a 4200 8-32 on it, but the scope might overhang the end of the barrel...
joemo
B Poster
B Poster

Post by joemo »

Just wanted to thank everyone again for their suggestions. I decided to bite the bullet and spend a little more money and get a Sightron 6x24 Sil scope. I just wish I made the decision sooner and I would have had better weather to try it out. The scope is not mounted yet, but should be soon.

I don't have a lot of experience with target shooting and was just wondering if the temperature will have an affect on the scope, ammunition or gun?
Innocent
Uber Master Poster
Uber Master Poster

Post by Innocent »

Scope, no change, ammo will vary by the temperature.

Mary
Proud member of SNOSS. I earned mine!
Proud member of IBDF Club...

Guilty until proven Innocent by the press.
edgehit
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by edgehit »

Joemo. You're going to like that scope. I bought one 9 months ago and it's been great - great glass, repeats, lightweight, and 1/2' dot. My only knock is the tiny turret gets tough to read.
- Joe