New Leupold 25 and 30 Power Silhouette Scopes

All the dope on risers, rings, scopes and optics.
Troy G
A Poster
A Poster

New Leupold 25 and 30 Power Silhouette Scopes

Post by Troy G »

Looks like leupold is bringing back a fixed 25 and 30 power scope that is supposed to cater to the silhouette and benchrest crowd.

The Leupold site says the scopes were designed with weight savings in mind. I wonder what reticles will be available? Hopefully Leupold gives some reticle options so that they automatically do not have to be sent into the Custom Shop (the perfect marketing scheme) or to Wally Seibert or Bill Ackerman.

Looks like the value of the old 24x and 36x BR-Ds are going to take a nose dive?
Jason
Uber Master Poster
Uber Master Poster

Post by Jason »

There's a thread about it with more info in the smallbore forum on here...

http://www.steelchickens.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=617
Troy G
A Poster
A Poster

Got Scooped!

Post by Troy G »

Glad someone is on top of it. Sure wish they would have given the customer a dot size option smaller than 3/8 but bigger than 1/8. Would have liked something right around 2/8. :) Which confirms that it would have to go in to have a reticle fix right off the start and add to the sticker price.
Jason
Uber Master Poster
Uber Master Poster

Post by Jason »

That's kind of ironic for me. I have a couple silhouette scopes with 1/4 minute dots and two of the Weaver T24s with the 1/2 minute dots, and I'm thinking about sending at least two away to get 3/8 minute dots put into them. :)