Weaver grand Slam ??

All the dope on risers, rings, scopes and optics.
RobMac
Unclassified Poster

Weaver grand Slam ??

Post by RobMac »

I have a price range of abot $400 max for a scope for my new CZ 452 American, now considering the Weaver Grand Slam, 6-20, noticed it lacks "Target Turrets" appreciate any feedback, Thanks Bob Mac
BCloninger
Master Poster
Master Poster

Re: Weaver grand Slam ??

Post by BCloninger »

I'd like to hear from some others (Mary, John, you guys there?), but the Weaver's I'm familiar with have mid-height turrets that are very accessible with really nice tactile clicks. I think your choice is pretty good!
"You are never too old to set another goal or to dream a new dream."
- C.S. Lewis
Innocent
Uber Master Poster
Uber Master Poster

Post by Innocent »

BobMac,
Have several Grand Slams on hunting rifles..great if you are not changing settings like you do in silhouette. Look for a T series, KT cna get after market turrets also.

Mary
Proud member of SNOSS. I earned mine!
Proud member of IBDF Club...

Guilty until proven Innocent by the press.
jneihouse
Distinguished Master Poster
Distinguished Master Poster

Post by jneihouse »

Bob, I think you thinking of the V series scope, the most common one you usually see in the sillhouette game is the V16.

Kitty
Commander in Chief, F Troop
BCloninger
Master Poster
Master Poster

Post by BCloninger »

jneihouse wrote:Bob, I think you thinking of the V series scope, the most common one you usually see in the sillhouette game is the V16.

Kitty
You're right, of course, John. It looks like the Weaver V-Series in 4-16 or 6-24 have "Semi-Target Turrets". Thanks for the correction.
"You are never too old to set another goal or to dream a new dream."
- C.S. Lewis
ShootingStar
AA Poster
AA Poster

Post by ShootingStar »

RobMac,
Posted my reply on your other post - Bushnell Elite Tactical . . .

Summary: If you are looking at a Grand Slam with 1/4 min adjustments, it must be one of the "older" ones. My son has one on his Annie that works just fine. Bright, clear, repeatable with small but useable dot. The turrets are short, but still marked with numbers at the Major divisions and lines for minor (1/4). Everything is easy to read and adjust they are just not the tall version of the turrets.

If at all possible, look through the scope before you buy to make sure it is indeed what you think/say it is. My new Grand Slam has a microscopic dot that would NEVER be seen in the "small game plinking" environment. As a matter of fact that's why I have it for silhouette, the first owner purchsed it for squirrel hunting, but could not see the aiming point!! The new Grand Slam might not be the best choice for a new shooter, but an older 1/4 min version is just fine - IMHO.

ShootingStar