How can I tell?

All the dope on risers, rings, scopes and optics.
steveyacht
B Poster
B Poster

How can I tell?

Post by steveyacht »

I have a Leupold 6.5-20x40mm EFR. How do I tell what lens caps will work? As well for other accessories. While I am at it, what other accessories should I get for my scope (other than the Lens Pen, which I already have.)
Steve
Just happy to be here
NRA Life Member
AMA Charter Life Member
US Army Veteran
pbansen
B Poster
B Poster

Re: How can I tell?

Post by pbansen »

steveyacht wrote:I have a Leupold 6.5-20x40mm EFR. How do I tell what lens caps will work? As well for other accessories. While I am at it, what other accessories should I get for my scope (other than the Lens Pen, which I already have.)
My Vari-X III 6.5-20 EFR was a little bit of an oddball with regard to the lens caps. The Leupold packaging said that the cap 'fit 2003 and later' scopes (and did not fit on my scope), so if it's a VX-III or newer, it will probably be in the modern generation that uses that same cap. My Vari-X III would not accept either the "standard" eyepiece cap nor the 40mm objective cap.

A lens pen is nice to have - I have a Nikon one that I use on my camera lenses as well as rifle scopes. I'm not sure that lens caps are really a must. If your rifles live in a gun safe or a case, chances are the scope objectives aren't going to get too dusty.