Any Silhouette scopes with "zero stop"?

All the dope on risers, rings, scopes and optics.
Huskerhunter
Unclassified Poster

Any Silhouette scopes with "zero stop"?

Post by Huskerhunter »

Is anyone making a .22 Silhouette scope with a 'zero stop' stype type function similar to Nightforce or Vortex and now others follwing suit? A few years back I was shooting casually at our local club. I had picked up an Anschutz 64 and put an older Leupold 6.5-20x40 EFR w/target dot on. Ended up with a BKL unimount and a .004 riser to get enough elevation. So anyway, I was thinking about getting back into the game a bit but I remember losing track of my revolutions and getting pretty frustrated because then I'd have to recheck POI to know where the heck I was at. Seems like a zero stop function would be ideal?
Dee
Master Poster
Master Poster

Re: Any Silhouette scopes with "zero stop"?

Post by Dee »

When you are done shooting one animal before leaving the line change your scope settings and adjust your objective. Never leave a station before making the changes and never change either the Elevation or the Objective alone and you shouldn't have any problems. Consider that anytime you change the objective you should also change the setting so you should not loose your place. I have seen people make over sized knobs that they could slide down on the elevation knob once zeroed and then tighten them up so that the knob itself would bottom out when dialed down to zero.

IMO more people probably just forget to change their settings most of all when this happens and for that no scope will help unless is does it automatically. If the trigger nut didn't turn the knob all the stops, under one rotation from C to R etc is meaningless :lol:

Dee
Trespassers will be shot.
Survivors will be shot again!
Jason
Uber Master Poster
Uber Master Poster

Re: Any Silhouette scopes with "zero stop"?

Post by Jason »

Most target knobs on scopes have markings on the turret that knob mounts on to show what revolution the knob is currently on. That should be written down with the chicken setting, even if you don't have to go more than one revolution from chickens to rams. I'd be careful about putting a zero stop in unless you give it an extra MOA or two. Due to changing conditions, I've had to turn past my chicken zero a couple times over the last several years to get back sighted dead on for chickens late in a day after sighting in that morning.