Tasco 36x44. Made in Japan.

All the dope on risers, rings, scopes and optics.
Ghostofwar
AA Poster
AA Poster

Tasco 36x44. Made in Japan.

Post by Ghostofwar »

Hey guys. I just bought an old Tasco at the gun show. It's a fixed 36 power with fine cross hair and 1/8 inch clicks. Made in Japan. It's in pretty good condition with a few little scratches on it. I don't really need it, but I figured that for 20 bucks I couldn't pass it up. I'll probably put it on my old Match 64 to have a complete "vintage" rifle. Anyway, I am just wonder if these things have any value anymore. What would one be worth? I'll be happy with my purchase as long as it will keep a zero.
lone ringer
Master Poster
Master Poster

Re: Tasco 36x44. Made in Japan.

Post by lone ringer »

You would be pleasantly surprised to find out how much those old Tasco scopes made in Japan bring at auction places like Ebay and others.
Bench rest shooters like them because they repeat better than many others that cost ten times more. The optics are not that good but then if you wanted clear optics you would have bought something else.
Ghostofwar
AA Poster
AA Poster

Post by Ghostofwar »

Why can't I find much info on these scopes? I've googled all kinds of which ways and I am only finding bits and pieces of info on the older Japanese Tascos. I know the glass isn't the best. It is a little darker than my Leupold, but the rest of the scope seems pretty decent for an older "budget" priced scope.
lone ringer
Master Poster
Master Poster

Post by lone ringer »

Item number: 310384241290
There is one 36X older Tasco made in Japan that is at $127.50 with 6 days to go my guess is that it will sell for over $250
I used to get them for less than $100 but never kept any very long because I did not like their optics. I wish I had a bunch of them now to re-sell.