Which tripod legs?

All the dope on risers, rings, scopes and optics.
Jason
Uber Master Poster
Uber Master Poster

Which tripod legs?

Post by Jason »

As part of turning some unused archery, motorcycle, and other shooting gear that I don't use into silhouette gear that I will use, I've decided to finally buy a decent spotting scope setup. I already have the scope purchased (Celestron Regal 65 F-ED), the tripod head picked (Manfrotto 410), and now I need to buy the tripod legs. What are some good, heavy duty legs to go with that Manfrotto 410 head? I don't know upper end camera gear well enough to know which Manfrotto or other company part numbers to pick. Anyone with a really good tripod want to quote me the brand/model off your tripod legs? Thanks! 8)
cslcAl
Master Poster
Master Poster

Re: Which tripod legs?

Post by cslcAl »

Jason, I have a Manfrotto 475 and I really like it. I have a set of Bushnell bracket glasses that are fairly heavy and the 475 is just the ticket for this set up. Al
Team Sierra Member
Jason
Uber Master Poster
Uber Master Poster

Post by Jason »

Thanks, Al. Any of the 3033/3036/475/475B models looks to be just about right. Anyone got one of those they want to sell? :)
Jason
Uber Master Poster
Uber Master Poster

Post by Jason »

I think I should be done for spotting scope setup now.

Bogen 3275 (410) geared head on eBay: http://www.ebay.com/itm/170802154217

Bogen 3033 tripod legs from Adorama: http://www.adorama.com/US%20%20%20%20485415.html

A week or so from now I should be able to try it all out together. Can't wait. :mrgreen:
cslcAl
Master Poster
Master Poster

Post by cslcAl »

Jason, Small world! The seller you bought the head from on Ebay is located less than 20 miles from where I live. I don't know who he is though.
The tripod you are getting is a real good deal, and looks like a older version of the 475B that I have. I am sure you will really like them both. Good Shopping. Al
Team Sierra Member
Jason
Uber Master Poster
Uber Master Poster

Post by Jason »

I think the legs are two versions older than your 475b legs. My experience with higher end camera gear is pretty limited, but I think the 3033s came before the 3036, which had its part number changed to 475 in that same major name change that got the 3275 head changed to 410. Then the new version of the 475 came out called the 475B and that's the current latest and greatest, which is what you have. :)