New Shooter

All the dope on risers, rings, scopes and optics.
Eric
Unclassified Poster

New Shooter

Post by Eric »

Hey guys...I am just getting into the sport and wanted to ask a question to ya all. When looking for a new scope I haven't seen many discussions about Nikon Monarch 6x24. All reviews I have read are positive but wanted to see what the shooters think. Is this a decent scope, pros, cons? It will be going on a Savage 270. thanks so much for your input.
Eric
Trent
Expert Master Poster
Expert Master Poster

Re: New Shooter

Post by Trent »

Eric, for the price of the Monarch I would rather look into Leupold or Sightron. The Monarch scopes get an awful lot of grief on some of the forums I am on due to their glass not being that good for the price. Some people are downright angry about it. However, I've owned a couple of the Buckmasters and they are a great deal for the money. Surprisingly clear glass for their price point. The 6-18x40 Buckmaster is very nice.
Innocent
Uber Master Poster
Uber Master Poster

Post by Innocent »

Eric, bluntly put glass is a personal preference....but the strength of the mechanics of sight adjustment if few and far between in the manufacturers. Nikons are not strong in this area, and the sport calls for frequent adjustments. Stick with Leupold, Weaver or Sightron.

Mary
Proud member of SNOSS. I earned mine!
Proud member of IBDF Club...

Guilty until proven Innocent by the press.
Eric
Unclassified Poster

Post by Eric »

Hey thanks guys for your help...Im sure I will be pickin your brains more in the next few months.
Eric
Trent
Expert Master Poster
Expert Master Poster

Post by Trent »

Right on Eric. Don't be afraid to buy used Leupold scopes and save some money. They are guaranteed for life.