Repair of Premier Boosted Leupold Scopes

All the dope on risers, rings, scopes and optics.
hahud
Unclassified Poster

Re: Repair of Premier Boosted Leupold Scopes

Post by hahud »

Hi Everyone,

Just a thought here. When I bought my boosted scope from Dick a big part of the promotion was "this boost will not effect the lifetime Leupold warranty on the scope as Premier and Leupold have an agreement." They had an agreement so one of them, if not both should still be accountable. Lifetime is what it is. I don't think that died when Dick did. Leupold wanted to sell more scopes back then and Dick sold a lot for them based on those words.

We have any lawyers in our group? Just a side note, I have had mine at least 25 years and never had a problem.
Bob259
Uber Master Poster
Uber Master Poster

Post by Bob259 »

hahud wrote:Hi Everyone,

Just a thought here. When I bought my boosted scope from Dick a big part of the promotion was "this boost will not effect the lifetime Leupold warranty on the scope as Premier and Leupold have an agreement." They had an agreement so one of them, if not both should still be accountable. Lifetime is what it is. I don't think that died when Dick did. Leupold wanted to sell more scopes back then and Dick sold a lot for them based on those words.

We have any lawyers in our group? Just a side note, I have had mine at least 25 years and never had a problem.
Leupold will still honor the 100% warranty, except they will put the scope back to its original configuration. After Dick passed Leupold and Premier had a parting of the ways, for whatever reasons.... I look at it like my pension was 'supposed to be this amount at retirement' but the company raiders and bean counters took 2/3's of it back and basically said it's now going to be this and no medical…. It’s all in the fine print. In either case a lawsuit would do nothing.
F Troop - Southwest Outpost

Proud Member of the Ram Slammers US Division (Two Bob)
CWS
A Poster
A Poster

Post by CWS »

Sent 'em an 18 X 40 with broken reticle. They said... "Not our reticle... and your tube is cracked." Just before I joined in on the insults, however, the nice folks at Leupold came through. I had to pay for the broken parts, but they'd put it together and make it whole again. Cost me $240 but I got back a nice, new, crisp 6.5 X 20 with that new scope smell.
BCloninger
Master Poster
Master Poster

Post by BCloninger »

CWS wrote:Sent 'em an 18 X 40 with broken reticle. They said... "Not our reticle... and your tube is cracked." Just before I joined in on the insults, however, the nice folks at Leupold came through. I had to pay for the broken parts, but they'd put it together and make it whole again. Cost me $240 but I got back a nice, new, crisp 6.5 X 20 with that new scope smell.
So Leupold made the repairs for the replacement cost of the modified parts? And you're good on the warranty now? Sounds like a good deal to me!
"You are never too old to set another goal or to dream a new dream."
- C.S. Lewis
Jerry G
Uber Master Poster
Uber Master Poster

Post by Jerry G »

He said it came back without the bump. That's NOT a god deal.
BCloninger
Master Poster
Master Poster

Post by BCloninger »

Jerry G wrote:He said it came back without the bump. That's NOT a god deal.
It went out as a paperweight and came back as a usable scope for a fraction the cost of a new one. It may be an imperfect deal, but it's still pretty good.
"You are never too old to set another goal or to dream a new dream."
- C.S. Lewis
anders ericsson
Unclassified Poster

Post by anders ericsson »

If you have a broken Leupold or Redfield or Bushnell scope whit a premier rear-end that is square-shaped and have four small knobs im villing to buy them.

They was made four the Running Target or Running Boar competions, and have three reticles (two rings or dots or even beams and a small centerdot)

They look like this http://forum.robsoft.nu/gallery/image.php?pic_id=5009