Actual weight of Leupold EFR 6x20

All the dope on risers, rings, scopes and optics.
propwash
B Poster
B Poster

Actual weight of Leupold EFR 6x20

Post by propwash »

Anyone know what an actual weight for the EFR 6x20x40 is? the manuf. lists it at 19. I'm at 7lbs 6 oz with gun and BKL 257 rings. I'm afraid the EFR will put me over for hunter class... I may go with a V-24 or a sightron both of those list around 17 oz. Any thoughts are appreciated
ajj
AA Poster
AA Poster

Post by ajj »

I think the mfr's know people take the posted weights seriously and that the published weight will be within half an ounce. If you're that close you might consider the weight of the rings and see what Metalhead Pearson can do for you. It's only money.
Jason
Uber Master Poster
Uber Master Poster

Post by Jason »

I have had weights be off by as much as 1.8 ounces before, even from manufacturers like Sightron, Bushnell (B&L at the time), and Leupold. In many cases, even half an ounce can be a big deal. If I were you, I'd call Leupold up and tell them exactly the situation and ask if they could weigh one. If buying the scope is determined by 2/10 of an ounce or less, you need more precision than just what some marketing guy put on the website. Leupold is responsive enough to competitive shooters to understand this where most scope companies aren't.
GTKF
AA Poster
AA Poster

Post by GTKF »

I called Leupold and they said 16 oz. When I weighed it on my postal scale it was 16.1 oz.

Midway lists the EFR at 19 oz. Others may also but it's 16, the same as the fixed 24