Where to send scope for rhetical replacment?

All the dope on risers, rings, scopes and optics.
JDBraddy
B Poster
B Poster

Where to send scope for rhetical replacment?

Post by JDBraddy »

I have a Leup 6.5-20XEFR with fine duplex, than I've been considering sending off to have a dot rhetical installed. Have never done this before, so need to know exactly where to send it and what I need to do to get it done.
Thanks,
JDBraddy
Boyd L.
AA Poster
AA Poster

Re: Where to send scope for rhetical replacment?

Post by Boyd L. »

Bill Ackerman at Optical Services Co. (915)269-9608. oscscope@aol.com
lone ringer
Master Poster
Master Poster

Post by lone ringer »

JDBraddy wrote:I have a Leup 6.5-20XEFR with fine duplex, than I've been considering sending off to have a dot rhetical installed. Have never done this before, so need to know exactly where to send it and what I need to do to get it done.
Thanks,
JDBraddy
Send it to Leupold and have them install a LARGE Leupold Dot reticule, the size of that particular dot is perfect for silhouette shooting and the cross hair tapers so the dot seems to float. I had them do that to several of my scopes and I am very happy with them. If you do not specify they install the large Leupold dot they will install their regular Leupold dot which is too small for shooting silhouettes but perfect for shooting varmints.
Trent
Expert Master Poster
Expert Master Poster

Post by Trent »

Yep, send it to Leupold. Inexpensive and no question about warranty. Also if you have ANY issues with the scope go ahead and ask to have it checked out. Knock a couple birds out with one stone.
JDBraddy
B Poster
B Poster

Post by JDBraddy »

Well, I sent it off to Leupold and had the 0.06 dot installed. At first I though they had installed the wrong one, because it was smaller than I had envisioned in my head, but it seems to work great! Now I'm curious, I've seen images with these little silhouette's like the ones in the picture below on their paralax ring, marking the appropriate settings, I like these and am curious where people are getting these?
Thanks
JDBraddy

Innocent
Uber Master Poster
Uber Master Poster

Post by Innocent »

JD, from SC stsbuyer aka Paul Freeman as one source.

Mary
Proud member of SNOSS. I earned mine!
Proud member of IBDF Club...

Guilty until proven Innocent by the press.