CZ 452 American Burris Mounts?

All the dope on risers, rings, scopes and optics.
clayshooter08
B Poster
B Poster

CZ 452 American Burris Mounts?

Post by clayshooter08 »

Hey guys I want to put a set of Burris Signature rings on my 452 American and I get different messages from different sources, which mounts will fit my 452 American?? I'm putting a Sightron 6-24X42SIL on it...THANKS in advance!!! PLZ give me the mount number?? :))
ADDICTED!!!
pbansen
B Poster
B Poster

Re: CZ 452 American Burris Mounts?

Post by pbansen »

Did you get an answer on this?

If not, my suggestion would be the Burris Signature Zee rings with a set of the J&P delrin dovetail adapters. I suspect that the 'high' rings will work better than the 'medium'. In addition to the clearance between the objective bell on the scope and the barrel, with CZ rifles you need to watch the clearance between the ocular bell of the scope and the bolt. If you want to only mess with them once, the highs should be fine.

The model number for the 1" Burris rings in matte blue in high is 420531. Website: http://www.burrisoptics.com/sigrings1.html#2

J&P adapter to convert the CZ 3/8" dovetail to a Weaver-style rail: https://www.jnpgunsprings.com/product_i ... cts_id=247

You should measure the dovetail before ordering the J&P adapters. CZ 452 Americans almost always have the 3/8" dovetail, but there are occasional reports of a rifle with a dovetail width different than what it's supposed to have. The CZ 3/8" dovetail is 3/8" at the bottom, narrowest part of the dovetail and is about 13mm across the flat top. The other CZ dovetail (used on the Varmint, Style, Silhouette and other models) is 11mm across the top.

The advantages of the Burris Signature Zee rings are several. They use a precision nylon insert that surrounds your scope, so there is no metal to metal contact and you don't get 'ring marks' on your expensive scope. That insert can pivot in the ring, so the inserts are self-aligning, meaning that there is no need to lap the scope to achieve perfect alignment of the rings. Finally, you can change the inserts to provide adjustment in elevation, allowing you to maintain the scope's internal mechanism as close to the optical center of its range as possible, or allowing greater MOA adjustment at longer ranges.

This is not the cheapest alternative, but the Signature Zee rings do things that no other ring does and that makes them worth a few bucks extra for me.

Pete
clayshooter08
B Poster
B Poster

Post by clayshooter08 »

THANKS just the info I've been looking for....MANY, MANY THANKS!!!
Wasn't really sure if the would work I kept getting conflicting info from other sources, frustating to say the least!!!!
I really like the fact that I can save scope adjustment with these rings, watched the video on their website acouple of times, others suggested the BKL's and they would have been my choice if the Z's didn't work, THANKS AGAIN!!!

ADDICTED and loving it!!! B-) :D
ADDICTED!!!
pbansen
B Poster
B Poster

Post by pbansen »

No problem, Clayshooter! Very glad to have been of help.

I'll post a picture of my 452 Style with a 6.5-20x40 Leupold VX-3 using the Signature Zee high rings when I get home.

Pete
pbansen
B Poster
B Poster

Post by pbansen »

The Sightron on your American with Burris Sig Zee high rings should look something like this:

Good bolt clearance:

Pete
clayshooter08
B Poster
B Poster

Post by clayshooter08 »

Looks "AWESOME" thanks for the pics as well, hope mine looks that good!!!! :D :D :D ^:)^
ADDICTED!!!
GR350
Unclassified Poster

Post by GR350 »

Hi there- I'm a newbie also. I have a 452 Style on the way and have been looking for rings too. Question on the CZ in the picture. Is that the original stock and did you have to do anything to it? Sort of wondering about the barrel contact with the fore arm of the stock. And can I assume this setup passes the specs on the height of the scope for Hunter class? Terrific pictures by the way!