EFR AO loss of adjustment

All the dope on risers, rings, scopes and optics.
fwt1712
B Poster
B Poster

EFR AO loss of adjustment

Post by fwt1712 »

One of my EFR's AO system seems to have changed its settings at 40m and under i.e. chickens settings has changed to closer to 30y rather than between 40y and 50y.

I've got several others and have used them for the last 10 or 15 so years and this is a first for me.

I assume it's an 'off to the factory' job but it seems strange that this is only an issue for some distances and not all - although the AO has to move more the closer the range.

Can the mechanism become 'tired' i.e. slip or even stick at certain spots or is it a sign of imminent demise for the AO?

thanks,
Nigel.
Trent
Expert Master Poster
Expert Master Poster

Re: EFR AO loss of adjustment

Post by Trent »

I just got one of my EFRs back from Leupold two days ago because of this same problem. I could turn the AO independent of the yardage ring. Also, the "Gold ring" was really loose. This resulted in me turning the AO over the past couple years and it not adjusting the yardage marker. Mine was way off and couldn't seem to get it to focus on the high power turkeys and rams at all. Took 3 weeks and it seems to be good to go now. Definitely gotta send it in.

What is your serial number? Maybe the same "new guy" built yours :mrgreen: . Mine is 380115U.