Sightron vs Weaver

All the dope on risers, rings, scopes and optics.
JNW
B Poster
B Poster

Sightron vs Weaver

Post by JNW »

I am considering a Sightron II 4-16x42 or a Weaver V16. How do these 2 scopes compare? I know the Sightron has 1/8 clicks but I am a casual silhouette shooter and will not be spinning turrets up and down every week. The Sightron Silhouette and Leupold 6.5-20 efr are my preferred choices out of my price range right now.
Thanks
Jeff
jdp
B Poster
B Poster

Re: Sightron vs Weaver

Post by jdp »

The V-16 is a good scope. It does have 1/4 min adjustments. The drawback with it is the dot is 1/2 the size of what is in the Leupold 6.5x20. For me way to small. But with Lee dot installed it is a great silhouette scope. The Weaver V-24 is also a great scope but has the same small dot , but has 1/8 min adjustments.
John Peterson
teetertotter
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by teetertotter »

JNW, what did you settle on? Enjoying Silhouette? Joined a club?
LH CZ 452 Amer, Free Floated, FX-3 25X40, D3 Rings, TAC-22
https://www.beloitrifleclub.org/shootin ... ilhouette/
JNW
B Poster
B Poster

Post by JNW »

I bought a Sightron SII 6-24. To my eyes it is brighter and clearer than the Weaver. There is no formal silhouette shooting in Minnesota. There is one club that has a set of cowboy silhouettes and they have several fun shoots a year, so don't ever get to practice. I shoot offhand for fun and in a Rimfire Central league. This winter has been so terrible I've just been shooting .22 pistols.
Regards
Jeff
ter
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by ter »

Sightron has much better glass. I have 2 sightrons and they are good.