Scope boosting? Bullseye lenses?

All the dope on risers, rings, scopes and optics.
cedestech
Distinguished Master Poster w/Palms

Scope boosting? Bullseye lenses?

Post by cedestech »

Obviously Premier doesn't any more. Anyone else? I have a Simmons 24X (older Japan scope, looks EXACTLY like a Weaver T24) that I'd love to bump up and put a dot in.

I have seen the Bullseye lenses but as I understand they really don't boost the power as much as boost the reticle. As in a 20X scope with a 2X bulls eye makes it effectively a 22X , not a 40X.

Any suggestions?
Emmett Dibble, Houston, Texas. Where's my buddy Jason? Keeper of electronic records and banisher of little pieces of paper?
Dee
Master Poster
Master Poster

Re: Scope boosting? Bullseye lenses?

Post by Dee »

I use the Bulzeye boosters on my 4200 Elites. They work very well but you must adjust the scope back as they make the eye relief shorter. Not a problem on my air rifles or SB though. The way the boosters determine magnification increase is a bit odd. From what I can tell it appears as though the 4x booster increases the sight image by around 4-7x. When looking through my 32x with the booster and then a 36x-40x I find it just a bit smaller than the 40x. The boosters magnify the whole sight picture not just the reticle. Once you use one a few times if you forget to put it on the next time you will notice the difference in size immediately.

You can call the gentleman that sells them and he can explain it better. It was several years ago that he and I spoke. The boosters are not only designed to help increase magnification but are also used to help correct eye issues with older shooters and Myopia ( a condition we get around 40 where the lens of the eye no longer bend and flex as they once did causing near focus issues) These are supposed to help with that problem.

I like mine and use them all the time except for HP where I just use a straight FX3 30x as I find more mag than that washes out to easy in heavy mirage.

They are also very clear and I notice little to no loss in clarity. The lens are made from the same materials used on Abrams tanks main gun sighting system. The guy that sells them helped design that tank sight from what I understand.

Dee
Trespassers will be shot.
Survivors will be shot again!
cedestech

Post by cedestech »

Interesting..... I am wanting to do a true boost like Premier used to.
Emmett Dibble, Houston, Texas. Where's my buddy Jason? Keeper of electronic records and banisher of little pieces of paper?
Dee
Master Poster
Master Poster

Post by Dee »

A true boost? Either the target is bigger in your scope picture or it's not :wink: . If you want a Premier boosted Leupold I have a 30-50x they boosted I'll sell you for $750 shipped B-)

Dee
Trespassers will be shot.
Survivors will be shot again!
Sancho
B Poster
B Poster

Post by Sancho »

Emmett,
I have a bullzeye 1.3x on my T24. It takes it up to 32x and is still pretty clear. If you're nice to me, you can look through at next Saturday's match...

Jack
Boyd L.
AA Poster
AA Poster

Post by Boyd L. »

cedestech wrote:Obviously Premier doesn't any more. Anyone else?

Any suggestions?
Bill Ackerman-- Optical Services Company.

Address:
PO Box 1174
Santa Teresa NM 88008

Phone:
575 589-3833

email:
oscscope@aol.com
cedestech

Post by cedestech »

Sancho wrote:Emmett,
I have a bullzeye 1.3x on my T24. It takes it up to 32x and is still pretty clear. If you're nice to me, you can look through at next Saturday's match...

Jack
Sancho going to let me look into his "bullseye".... Mmmmmm......

=))
cedestech

Post by cedestech »

Boyd L. wrote:
cedestech wrote:Obviously Premier doesn't any more. Anyone else?

Any suggestions?
Bill Ackerman-- Optical Services Company.

Address:
PO Box 1174
Santa Teresa NM 88008

Phone:
575 589-3833

email:
oscscope@aol.com

Gracias!
teetertotter
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by teetertotter »

I am res-erecting this thread as found what info I was looking for from DEE. The BulzEye is what I will be considering. I am not to keen if it shortens up the eye relief. I will call BulzEye sometime this Spring.

My eye glasses have major eye correction with not being able to make perfect. Dr. says no lazer surgery, but in time, maybe. The BulzEye sounds interesting as at 25X the T's and R,s are not perfectly distinct. Drawing them up a bit closer, may help in seeing them better.
LH CZ 452 Amer, Free Floated, FX-3 25X40, D3 Rings, TAC-22
https://www.beloitrifleclub.org/shootin ... ilhouette/
acorneau
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by acorneau »

If looking at the BullzEye products you might also consider these scope boosters from PECA:
http://www.scopeacc.com/shopdisplayprod ... e+Boosters

The set comes with three different lenses for the same price as one BullzEye lens.

Adaptors to fit most of the main brands of scopes:
http://www.scopeacc.com/shopdisplayprod ... e+Adapters

I tried one on my T16, but since my eyesight is still very good I found it didn't do much for me, so I returned the kit.
Allen Corneau
teetertotter
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by teetertotter »

Perfect ac.... I forgot about them as had looked at their filters and had suggested to another chicken member. They are in my back yard and APPRECIATE the reminder. The owner belongs to our rifle range.
LH CZ 452 Amer, Free Floated, FX-3 25X40, D3 Rings, TAC-22
https://www.beloitrifleclub.org/shootin ... ilhouette/