Bushnell or Weaver?

All the dope on risers, rings, scopes and optics.
pistolero45
A Poster
A Poster

Bushnell or Weaver?

Post by pistolero45 »

Guys, I could use some advice from those of you have had experience with the following scopes:

Bushnell Banner 6-24x40
Bushnell Trophy 6-18x40
Bushnell 3200 Elite 7-21x40
Weaver KT-15

Right now I am leaning towards the Banner, but would appreciate your input. Thanks.

Mark
carl425
A Poster
A Poster

Post by carl425 »

Last edited by carl425 on Thu Mar 29, 2007 5:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
pistolero45
A Poster
A Poster

Post by pistolero45 »

I am looking for information on those specific models. Thanks
Mark
BlauBear
Uber Master Poster
Uber Master Poster

Post by BlauBear »

The Weaver KT-15 is a good, moderately priced scope for Silhouette - highly recommended. For people that want a budget Silhouette starter setup, I always recommend the CZ Silhouette with a KT-15 and BKL rings.
"If the America people ever allow private banks to control the issuance of their currencies, first by inflation and then by deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around them will deprive the people of all their prosperity" - TJ
orangeblaster
B Poster
B Poster

Post by orangeblaster »

I don't have experience with those specific models.
But I can tell you from experience with other bushnell banner and trophy scopes that those series scopes are a waste of time and money. I say this after wasting my own time and money with a "trophy" on a hunting rifle. I would hate to even think about trying to use it for silhouette.
Otherwise consider this... Most people with the bushnell 4200 series seem to really like them. Most people with weavers really like them.
pistolero45
A Poster
A Poster

Post by pistolero45 »

Thanks for those replies. I've decided to pass on the Banner and Trophy series. The short list is now:

Weaver KT-15
Bushnell 3200 7-21x40
Bushnell 4200 6-24x40
Sightron S2 6-24x42

I have no experience with the Sightron, but have read that it is a good scope. Any comments from those who have used a Sightron? Thanks.
Mark
Pete A.
A Poster
A Poster

Post by Pete A. »

My experience with Bushnell Trophy 6-18x does not parrallel the other poster. IMHO a decent value at the price point; I have been using one for 2 years on top of a NS (real 'budget' rig). Sure it's not a T-24 or Leupold but not bad. But it is $200 cheaper than either.

The adjustment knobs go from Chickens to Rams with less than one turn. This is a huge advantage for beginning shooters that don't have to worry about going too many turns. Less chance of being a full turn off (i've done that before on other scopes!!).

The knobs are resettable without tools; just a small thumbknob. Others with 2-3 set screws per knob can be a PIA to reset. Many of the lower priced scopes have cheap fasteners that can strip making for a real fiasco.

Again if you can afford a T-24 or Leupold then of course buy one but if not look at the Trophy 6-18x.

Pete A.
ter
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by ter »

Bushnell 4200 is one of the best scopes available. I have to turn more than one revolution for the rams, that is the only drawback. Clear, repeatable, and dots available. Weaver T24 is not as clear with my eyes.
Jetmugg
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

KT-15

Post by Jetmugg »

I've got a KT-15 and it is very silhouette friendly. The adjustments are very repeatable. The optics are clear, the weight is low, and the focus has plenty of adjustability. I can readily see bullet holes in paper targets at 100M.

On a side note, I see that you are in MO. Where at? I'm in Festus, and my "local" silhouette matches are at the StLouis Benchrest club. You are very welcome to try out my KT-15. I think I'll be at Green Valley in Columbia on April 22.

The only downside of the KT-15 is that it's not available with a dot reticle. I personally don't have a problem with the duplex reticle, but I'm only an "A" shooter. Perhaps a Master Class shooter might notice a difference between dot and duplex, but it's not holding me back.

SteveM.
Detritus
B Poster
B Poster

Post by Detritus »

Perfect timing on the subject for me Pistol'...
I'm looking for Glass to top a 1712 and weighing up between Bushnell,Weaver,Leupold or mebe Sightron.
I have been using a Bushnell Trophy 6-18 since i started silhouette and it was ok, until it made a "pop" sound when i adjusted the objective lens :shock: Not sure what exactly happened there....
The 4200 is the only one in the Bushnell range that i'd feel comfortable putting money down on. The one sightron scope i have used i was very impressed with, tracking precise and clarity waaay good enough! I really like the sound of the SIII 6-24x50 Sightron but it might be a bit heavy....
powding
B Poster
B Poster

Post by powding »

Detritus,
I've owned the both the 4200 and the Sightron. Either one will do a great job for you. The Sightron appeared brighter to me. Make sure you get one with quarter minute clicks. Eighth minute clicks will cause you to go completely around (360+) and it is guaranteed to screw you up at some point, usually at a large match.

powding