WTB Bushnell 4200

All the dope on risers, rings, scopes and optics.
Hawk-1
A Poster
A Poster

WTB Bushnell 4200

Post by Hawk-1 »

Would like to buy 2 Bushnell elite 4200 Scopes. Prefer 8x32x40, but would consider 6x24x40 also. Would like with target turrets. Prefer side focus if possible. Not a deal breaker. Thanks
Hawk-1
A Poster
A Poster

Re: WTB Bushnell 4200

Post by Hawk-1 »

Jason, got pm. Can't seen to get back to you. 704-472-0096 thanks
WIN52SHOOTER
B Poster
B Poster

Post by WIN52SHOOTER »

Hawk, did you find a Bushnell 4200?
teetertotter
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by teetertotter »

The 4200 is being replaced with the 4500 with Side Focus. I am contemplating whether to buy the 4200 Elite 8-32X40 with their Plex reticle for silhouette. I have a little eye condition problem and the dot size in my Sightron SIL is getting harder to see and may get worse over time. I am okay right now, but would like to buy a back-up AO scope with that 8-32X40 and not sure if the Plex reticle is any good for Silhouette. My final eye exam and test results will be done in two weeks. Anyone have experience with duplex reticle for silhouette and what you think? Easy to adjust to from having target dot? Duplex would have heavier lines which might be more visible to sight in with bad eye condition?
LH CZ 452 Amer, Free Floated, FX-3 25X40, D3 Rings, TAC-22
https://www.beloitrifleclub.org/shootin ... ilhouette/
Heavybarrell
A Poster
A Poster

Post by Heavybarrell »

teertotter,
I have an 8x32 4200, I absolutely hated the duplex for silhouette, way too busy with the extra hair. I sent it to TK Lee and had a 1/2 min dot installed. I like it better than my Leupold premiers.
teetertotter
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by teetertotter »

Heavybarrell wrote:teertotter,
I have an 8x32 4200, I absolutely hated the duplex for silhouette, way too busy with the extra hair. I sent it to TK Lee and had a 1/2 min dot installed. I like it better than my Leupold premiers.
Thanks, got it. Who is TK Lee and how can I get in touch with him? How long ago was yours modified and has it been holding "0"?
What might his warranty be, but will ask him that question. You can PM me or jonnvic@att.net
teetertotter
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Re: Bushnell 4200 Elite 8-32X40

Post by teetertotter »

I went ahead and ordered the Elite 4200 8-32X40 from Bushnell's factory Outlet Store...$449.95 w free shipping and comes with the sunshade.
teetertotter
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by teetertotter »

Heavybarrell wrote:teertotter,
I appreciated your PM. Bushnell's inventory came up with "0" after placing my order and crediting my charge card. I did find the same scope 2400 , 8-32X40 AO w sunshade at Pyramyd Air. Paid $484 complete with 2 day FEDX delivery. We will see how Bushnell's duplex reticle will work or not. At least I will have the AO power scope I want and mod the reticle, if the case. I will have more news from my eye doctor in two more weeks with total eye report. Cheers!
teetertotter
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by teetertotter »

Heavybarrel, did you have to add MOA/shim the rear ring to be able use this scope from 50foot out to 100 meters. Right now. I have it sighted in for 50 foot indoor winter paper practice.

It will be mid April to sight in on our Silhouette range. The spec says the windage elevation is 26MOA for the Bushnell. My Sightron, 6-24X42SIL, has windage elevation spec of 60 and is good from 50 foot to 100m using std rings.

I am not versed on windage elevation and whether the Bushnell, with low elevation spec, will cover my distance range using std rings. Comments, please. Will I need to add a 25MOA rail onto my CZ452 American....etc?
Heavybarrell
A Poster
A Poster

Post by Heavybarrell »

I use Burris sig zee rings and use the .020 offset inserts. From my past indoor experience, your 50ft. setting should be real close to your pig setting so all you need to do (if you can't get to the range) is bench your rifle and while looking through the scope (try doing it on something white) run your elevation up 6 or 7 minutes from your 50ft. setting and you should have plenty of elevaton.
teetertotter
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by teetertotter »

Heavybarrell wrote:I use Burris sig zee rings and use the .020 offset inserts. From my past indoor experience, your 50ft. setting should be real close to your pig setting so all you need to do (if you can't get to the range) is bench your rifle and while looking through the scope (try doing it on something white) run your elevation up 6 or 7 minutes from your 50ft. setting and you should have plenty of elevaton.
If your 50 foot setting was w/o the Zee ring .020 offset, that would be close to what I had with the Sightron 6-24X42 SIL, but closer to chickens. Got it and after I have it sighted in at foot today, will run it up 7 minutes. Things look promising with staying with my Luepold Rifleman 3/8 split rings. In April, we will be outdoors with our white painted animals. I appreciate your info in advance and am prepared to buy a scope mount and the Zee rings if necessary for my LH 452 American.

It will be an adjustment to see how this Duplex reticle will perform or not. I can see the heavier lines and the fine ones are okay.
Preliminary is, that Bushnell's Duplex MAY not be to busy for me. Time will tell. I go back to the eye doctor next week for a 2nd type glaucoma test. My new glasses.....she was able to tweak the left dominate eye lens w/o imbalancing the brain trying to adjust to the difference in lens strengths. Long story short. With both eyes working together with huge difference in lens strengths, my vision is pretty good. Just one of those things to live with to continue to enjoy the Silhouette game. I am prepared to have a one minute dot reticle if necessary. :D Happy 2015 Season!
Heavybarrell
A Poster
A Poster

Post by Heavybarrell »

Teetertotter, I have a CZ455 American, I didn't like the idea of using dovetail to weaver adapters so I drilled and tapped the top of my receiver to use weaver bases. If your 50FT setting is close to your chix setting you are prob going to have to use the offset inserts.
teetertotter
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Re:Bushnell 4200 8-32X40

Post by teetertotter »

I ended up buying DIP's 452, LH, 3/8", 30MOA Picatinnary scope mount to go with the new Burris High Signature Rings. I was out doors at our Silhouette range, yesterday afternoon, even though it was windy. Temps are now in the 60's and hitting 70's this past week. The 30 MOA scope mount is perfect and adding another 1/4" in scope height is even better. The winter Indoor 50' paper practice with this duplex reticle, it is growing on me. More time will tell with 2015 outdoor weekly matches, beginning the first week in May with tournaments once a month through September. This Bushnell scope seems brighter than my Sightron SIL, but, could be an elusion. At 32X, the clarity is just great out to 100 meters, too. :D
Jerry G
Uber Master Poster
Uber Master Poster

Post by Jerry G »

I have quite tall bases and my outdoor turkey setting is the same as my 50 foot setting.