Leupold Dot Size

All the dope on risers, rings, scopes and optics.
JNW
B Poster
B Poster

Leupold Dot Size

Post by JNW »

I have a Leupold VXII 6-18x40 AO with a fine duplex reticle. I like shooting offhand and get to shoot casual cowboy silhouette a couple times a year. No sanctioned silhouette in Minnesota, so no real silhouette scopes to look through. I want to have Leupold put a dot with the tapered crosshairs in my scope. I called Leupold today and they said that the only dot size is 0.6 MOA. Is that true? They have 2 dot sizes in their fixed power silhouette scopes. Is the 0.6 dot a good size? What do you silhouette folks like in your scopes?
Thanks
Jeff
ter
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Re: Leupold Dot Size

Post by ter »

I think they have a 3/8 and 1/2 dot choices currently. Of course they have the 1/8 dot for other applications, and I think the 1/4 dot is not available for some reason.
Innocent
Uber Master Poster
Uber Master Poster

Post by Innocent »

Dot size is a personal preference. Leupold makes a .68 dot but you have to get through to the techs to get this done. For some reason most of the service phone staff is not aware of this.
I would go as large as you can.

Mary
Proud member of SNOSS. I earned mine!
Proud member of IBDF Club...

Guilty until proven Innocent by the press.
Jerry G
Uber Master Poster
Uber Master Poster

Post by Jerry G »

For sil, either the 3/8 or 1/2 is just fine. Any smaller than 3/8 is too much eye strain. You spend way too much time looking for the dot.