Leupold EFR Question...

All the dope on risers, rings, scopes and optics.
Detritus
B Poster
B Poster

Leupold EFR Question...

Post by Detritus »

Hi everyone,
Well the Leupold 6.5-20EFR is "Calling out to me" to be my next purchase :wink: I think i have researched and compared the thing to every other scope in the same sorta catagory to death at this stage, and one little bit of info seems to have escaped me....... What is the size of the Target Dot that comes in a standard EFR from Leupold?
It has probably been staring me in the face on one of the web-sites i trolled for info but i sure haven't seen it yet.... :oops:

Ta,
Detritus.
lone ringer
Master Poster
Master Poster

Post by lone ringer »

Detritus, unless you buy it from Chicken George the scope will have the small 1/8 target dot and you will have to spend $75 to have Leupold change it to a bigger dot you can use for silhouette shooting.

Check with Chicken George to see if he is still selling them other wise get the one with the duplex reticle which is less expensive and sent it to Leupold for a reticle change if you must have a dot.
Detritus
B Poster
B Poster

Post by Detritus »

Awww... :cry:
I was really hoping for a 1/4 dot at least :wink: That way i think i could have lived with a standard offering.
I suppose that small Dot in a brilliant scope is a safe bet why Chicken started his little niche Recticle-wise in the firstplace....
Is contact via email the best bet of asking him...?
lone ringer
Master Poster
Master Poster

Post by lone ringer »

Detrius, send him a PM or get more information about him and the products he sells on to his Web Site

http://www.chickensshootingsupply.com/blank.html
coldbeerchief
B Poster
B Poster

the dot size on the EFR is 1/4 MOA

Post by coldbeerchief »

The EFR scope has a 1/4 MOA dot, which works well against white backrounds (i.e. white silhouettes)

I have one on a 1712 and it is nice, but I wish it had more magnification.

George
shakes
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by shakes »

I currently use the EFR and am happy with it, but I am thinking of buying the new silhouette scope from the big L. I thought I would use the magnification a lot more but I have since set it at 20 and wish I had a little more. I also want to switch to a dot. Some very nice people let me shoot their rifles this weekend which had dot's (or was is Ju Ju's) and I personaly found it easier to get a better hold on the target with the dot. That's one option you might think about, also go to a local match and ask some of your fellow shooter's if they will let you take a look at their rifles some may even let you take a couple shots. See what scopes most of them use and you might change your mind before you make a big investment in good glass. Might have to sell the EFR to buy the new scope?
GeoNLR
Sponsor
Sponsor

Post by GeoNLR »

shakes wrote:I currently use the EFR and am happy with it, but I am thinking of buying the new silhouette scope from the big L. I thought I would use the magnification a lot more but I have since set it at 20 and wish I had a little more. I also want to switch to a dot. Some very nice people let me shoot their rifles this weekend which had dot's (or was is Ju Ju's) and I personaly found it easier to get a better hold on the target with the dot. That's one option you might think about, also go to a local match and ask some of your fellow shooter's if they will let you take a look at their rifles some may even let you take a couple shots. See what scopes most of them use and you might change your mind before you make a big investment in good glass. Might have to sell the EFR to buy the new scope?
Why sell? Trade it in..... ChickenGeorgeAR@yahoo.com (shameless plug)

I am working on the answer to the dot scope to Aussie question. I will probably ship on the Leupold, let them change out dot and mail to Aus... Hopefully I can get your answer tomorrow.

BTW > I'm not sure on the 1/4 MOA. The dot is a .0020 dot in the standard scope. This will 'substend' different MOA at X maginification. The dot I get installed is the .0060 dot and it's ~5/8MOA at 6.5V and 3/8MOA at 20X.

I can confirm but I would say the .0020 dot (standard dot in a EFR) is ~1/8MOA at 20X as was mentioned eariler in this thread and supported by the match.

By the way, I sell them all ...LOL Duplex, Dot or Silhouette dot... or any reticle Leupold makes (that go in the 1" tube)

Thanks,

Chicken
Image Chicken George