Sightron vs Nikon?

All the dope on risers, rings, scopes and optics.
Mate2287
B Poster
B Poster

Sightron vs Nikon?

Post by Mate2287 »

Hey guys, quick question that I can't seem to find an answer to. I Currently shoot with a Nikon Monarch 5-20x44 which i love with one exception... No Target dot. Since I Just bought a shiny new Anschutz and am eagerly awaiting a stock from Steve, I've decided I want something with a dot. At the moment, I'm considering a Nikon Monarch III 6-24x50, Sightron SII B 6-24x42 or 6-20x50. Seeing as the price on all these scopes is fairly comparable,how do the optics between these three compare? And does anyone have some recommendations for silhouette friendly retailers?

Thanks
dustinflint
Expert Master Poster
Expert Master Poster

Re: Sightron vs Nikon?

Post by dustinflint »

I would not use a Nikon for silhouette. Sightrons are good and they make a nice scope perfect for this game. Go with the Sightron.

Dustin
High Speed
AA Poster
AA Poster

Post by High Speed »

dustinflint wrote:I would not use a Nikon for silhouette. Sightrons are good and they make a nice scope perfect for this game. Go with the Sightron.

Dustin
DITTO on the Sightron. Be sure and get the SIIB 6x24x44 Silhouette model, few more $$$. But their target dot just as well be fine cross hairs. I'm very please with mine. Wish the turrets were a little better, more like the Leupolds. But, that's what the bottom part of your glasses is for. :-B
Stay Safe
Mark
Mate2287
B Poster
B Poster

Post by Mate2287 »

How's the AO on the Sightron's? Not a huge fan of the AO on Leupold's and generally prefer SF. That's the main reason that I was looking at the monarch and the 6.5-20x50...
High Speed
AA Poster
AA Poster

Post by High Speed »

AO on mine is dead nuts. Not so, with the Leupolds. And I have and use both. Glass,have no complaints. Just wish they would work on their turrets. But then, they would be perfect. Price would probably double.
Stay Safmark
Innocent
Uber Master Poster
Uber Master Poster

Post by Innocent »

Watch the 50 mm, pushes you to higher mounts usually and very close or over the limits of above the centerline of the bore rules. GO Sightron.

Mary
Proud member of SNOSS. I earned mine!
Proud member of IBDF Club...

Guilty until proven Innocent by the press.
teetertotter
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by teetertotter »

I use Sightron's 6-24X42 SIL along with 1-1/2 inch tall rings. There is plenty of elevation travel on the Sightron, being 60 inches for 100 yards + No shimming required. Just my input for what it is worth.....this late.

I forgot, I bought mine from chickengeorge and new scope was shipped from Graf & Son, 2 years ago.
chickengeorgear@Yahoo.com [last e-mail I have] He represents several manufactures.
LH CZ 452 Amer, Free Floated, FX-3 25X40, D3 Rings, TAC-22
https://www.beloitrifleclub.org/shootin ... ilhouette/