Scope Recommendations

All the dope on risers, rings, scopes and optics.
Roland6250
Unclassified Poster

Scope Recommendations

Post by Roland6250 »

I recently purchase a Mark III Competition to begin shooting in Silhouette competition and would like to get recommendations for a scope to mount on it.

I am not a scope expert.

Shooting Ranges: 50m - 5" disk, 75m - 7" disk and 100m - 10" disk
Pistol: Ruger Mark III Competition
Shooting Style: Offhand

I would like the ability to zoom and quickly adjust for the different distances.

If this scope comes with a illuminated dot it needs to be small enough that it will not cover up the entire round target.

What would you use / recommend?
GSL
AA Poster
AA Poster

Re: Scope Recommendations

Post by GSL »

Many years ago ...
I tried a pistol like that with a LEUPOLD 6.5 - 20 X in a duplex .
At 50 yds IT shot 1/2 in groups off my bench , rapid fire ...
I still have the target
I would do it AGAIN ...
teetertotter
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Bushnell 4200 8-32X40 Duplex Reticle

Post by teetertotter »

I'm looking for more power in an AO scope than my existing 6-24. I have been unable to find an 8-32 with any size target dot in AO version other than Bushnell with Duplex reticle. Everything seems to be side focus only in 8-32. I also shoot 50 foot indoor paper during our winter season.

Has anyone experience with Duplex reticle with comments? Perhaps I could adjust if the duplex cross hairs are not to heavy. The dot on my Sightron 6-24 SIL is getting to small to see with rapid distinction. I have the possible beginnings of glaucoma and have cateracts in both eyes. I have further eye testing in 30 days...and my new glasses will be ready this Friday.

Any comments on Duplex reticle is welcomed. We shoot until the end of September and is pretty dark for me looking through the scope and have to crank it down to 18X with my condition. I am not about to give up shooting, but am prepared to continue to run the show both club and state. Jon
LH CZ 452 Amer, Free Floated, FX-3 25X40, D3 Rings, TAC-22
https://www.beloitrifleclub.org/shootin ... ilhouette/
Jerry G
Uber Master Poster
Uber Master Poster

Post by Jerry G »

Any LEUPOLD you have, the factory will install a larger dot. Either the 3/8 or 1/2 seem to be the most popular. If you are putting it on a 22. stay away from the 'long range' scopes. At close distances their focus is like an Electrolux. It sucks.
teetertotter
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by teetertotter »

Thanks jerry for your comment.
LH CZ 452 Amer, Free Floated, FX-3 25X40, D3 Rings, TAC-22
https://www.beloitrifleclub.org/shootin ... ilhouette/