Weaver T16 Question ?

All the dope on risers, rings, scopes and optics.
choken
B Poster
B Poster

Weaver T16 Question ?

Post by choken »

Did Weaver actually make a "new" T16? I saw reference to them on Weaver's web site, but I guess that they might be discontinued, as I can't find a single supplier in the country that lists them. A T24 is just too much for this old rookie to hold ! Thanks , Ken
BlauBear
Uber Master Poster
Uber Master Poster

Post by BlauBear »

You might try the Weaver KT15 as an interim.
"If the America people ever allow private banks to control the issuance of their currencies, first by inflation and then by deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around them will deprive the people of all their prosperity" - TJ
Innocent
Uber Master Poster
Uber Master Poster

Post by Innocent »

Yes, Weaver did make a T16 back in the late 70's early 80's that I am aware of.

Mary
Proud member of SNOSS. I earned mine!
Proud member of IBDF Club...

Guilty until proven Innocent by the press.
jeff59
B Poster
B Poster

Post by jeff59 »

Keep an eye on eBay. The T-16's show up once in a while. Some of them even have dot reticles.

Jeff
choken
B Poster
B Poster

T16

Post by choken »

Thanks all. I'll keep an Ebay eye peeled. I'm in the process of building a hunter class silhouette rilfe. I looks like it's gonna be months in the process, so I ought to be able to come up with one in the interim. Thanks all for the information.
Ramslammer
A Poster
A Poster

Post by Ramslammer »

G'Day Ken
Weaver have made T16's in both the old steel models (70's-80's) and also in their new models. I owned one of the old models and like a fool sold it cheap. I also have a new model on my rimfire "hunter". It has a 3/4 dot and I reckon it is a ideal scope. I have Leupolds on most of my rifles but this is one outfit I don't alter. I bought the scope of someone in USA and had it sent over. From memory I think I paid 300-350 US for it in the box as new.
Juddy
choken
B Poster
B Poster

T16

Post by choken »

Juddy, That is exactly the scope I hope to find ! Do you know what it weighs?
Ramslammer
A Poster
A Poster

Post by Ramslammer »

G'Day
From memory it is about the same as a EFR but may be slightly (1-2oz) heavier. I had to change rings to keep under IMSSU weight.
Juddy
Detritus
B Poster
B Poster

Post by Detritus »

Hey Ramslammer,
Do you run an EFR on any of your Silhouette Rigs? If so what recticle did you go for, and how well do you think a Bushnell 4200 with the 1/4 MOA Dot Recticle and 1/4 click turrents would stack up against it?
Its crunch time for me in regards to buying a new scope, and its out of these two............ :shock:

Cheers,
Detritus.
choken
B Poster
B Poster

Weaver T16 Weight

Post by choken »

Weaver lists the weight of both the T10 and the T24 as 16.7 oz. The T16 ought to be similar as it is between the two. I have an EFR that has been boosted to 18x40 by Premier and has a 1/2 MOA dot. I also have a B & L Elite 4000 . I haven't seen the 4200 with the dot, however in my opinion the 4000 has better resolution and is brighter. They both move equally well. If weight isn't a factor, I'd recemmend the B & L. I shot rimfire benchrest for years and always prefered the B&L 4000 36 over the Leupold BRD. Shot one until the Leupold Competition came out. It was the best all around benchrest scope for me.
GeoNLR
Sponsor
Sponsor

Post by GeoNLR »

Detritus wrote:Hey Ramslammer,
Do you run an EFR on any of your Silhouette Rigs? If so what recticle did you go for, and how well do you think a Bushnell 4200 with the 1/4 MOA Dot Recticle and 1/4 click turrents would stack up against it?
Its crunch time for me in regards to buying a new scope, and its out of these two............ :shock:

Cheers,
Detritus.
That scope doesn't exist, if it did I think we would have one of the best scopes for Silhouette.....

The 4200 has the 1/8 MOA adjustments. Can get the 6-24 with 1/4MOA dot. Can send the 6-24 or the 8-32 in for the 1/2 MOA dot or 1/4 MOA dots for $55.

Problems - 5 moa adjustment on scope (actually 6 but at 6, you are back to '0'). On HP and target rifle this = more than 2 revolutions....SB = more than 1 revolution....
Image Chicken George
Detritus
B Poster
B Poster

Post by Detritus »

Hi Geo...
I'm truly the last person who will deliberately post miss-information! :lol: Firstly my apologies on not getting back to you with haste about the EFR (went out on Exercise at short notice). Will do so when I have the funds ready to go....
In a few of the Shooting magazines circulating here abouts they have been advertising the 4200s with "1/4 or finer finger-tip adjustable turrents" so I took it for granted. I rang one of the distributors and queried them regarding the fact that this was actually the case and they assured me that they were available with 1/4 minute turrents and would have more in stock in a couple of weeks!
So like you said I thought I had finally found the veritable
GeoNLR
Sponsor
Sponsor

Post by GeoNLR »

[quote="Detritus"]Hi Geo...
I'm truly the last person who will deliberately post miss-information! :lol: Firstly my apologies on not getting back to you with haste about the EFR (went out on Exercise at short notice). Will do so when I have the funds ready to go....
In a few of the Shooting magazines circulating here abouts they have been advertising the 4200s with "1/4 or finer finger-tip adjustable turrents" so I took it for granted. I rang one of the distributors and queried them regarding the fact that this was actually the case and they assured me that they were available with 1/4 minute turrents and would have more in stock in a couple of weeks!
So like you said I thought I had finally found the veritable
Image Chicken George
Ramslammer
A Poster
A Poster

Post by Ramslammer »

G'Day All
To Answer Detritus, I have two boosted EFR's, a standard 6.5-20 and also a EFR 6.5-20 on my some of my silhouette rifles. The standard EFR was sent to Leupold to be repaired (for the 3rd time) today along with a BR24 that will go on one of my heavy rifles. Also a mate of mine sent a EFR off as well with the same problems. BUT I still reckon Leupold give good repair and service even though I have had problems with this one scope. A bloke by the name of Garth Kendig at Leupold has been more than helpful.
Whatever you buy make sure that it's repeatable in adjustment, I personally prefer 1/4 min clicks but do also own a B&L Balvar in 6-24 (these became Bushnell 4200's) and think that it's as good as anything else you can own. I lent this scope to my brother and can't get it back off him so he must reckon there alright as well.
I also use everthing from fixed 10x ,4.5-14's, in fact allsorts of scopes.
Hope to see you at the Nationals Detritus or maybe at the SNOWBALL in Canberra on the Queens B/day weekend. Possibly Dave Macarthy will be coming so you might be able to travel together.
Juddy