CZ-455 20 MOA bases

All the dope on risers, rings, scopes and optics.
GaryBunk
Unclassified Poster

CZ-455 20 MOA bases

Post by GaryBunk »

I am looking to set up a new CZ-455 American to use for silhouette shooting. I will probably mount a weaver t-24 scope on it but was told I should install 20 MOA bases or bases. Since the gun is fairly light, adding weight is not an issue, any suggestions would be welcomed.

Thanks,
OldRanger
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Re: CZ-455 20 MOA bases

Post by OldRanger »

You need something like this from DIP http://www.diproductsinc.com/Detail.asp ... 7&CAT=4268
Its 25 moa.
I buy all my guns from t-rex. He's a small arms dealer.
GaryBunk
Unclassified Poster

Post by GaryBunk »

I had read that the one piece base can cause ejection problems on the CZ? Is this really a problem and are there screw-down as oposed to dovetail bases for the CZ?

Thanks,
OldRanger
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by OldRanger »

I don't know about the ejection problems, but if you look at the mounts DIP sells they all seem to slide into the dovetail, then screw down. They have two holes side by side then one or two single centered holes behind that. Does that sound like what your receiver is tapped for?
I buy all my guns from t-rex. He's a small arms dealer.
teetertotter
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by teetertotter »

The DIP, 25MOA mount is a nice SNUG slip on. At least it was for the 3/8, to fit my LH 452 American. I needed it recently for the Bushnell 4200, 8-32X40, Duplex.
LH CZ 452 Amer, Free Floated, FX-3 25X40, D3 Rings, TAC-22
https://www.beloitrifleclub.org/shootin ... ilhouette/
DavidABQ
Expert Master Poster
Expert Master Poster

Post by DavidABQ »

Up until last fall I shot silhouette with a CZ 455 American and I did not need a 20moa rail. Try it out first and see if you run out of elevation first.
frankmako
AA Poster
AA Poster

Post by frankmako »

this year i setup a cz 455 with a el paso weaver t-16 for hunter rifle. this first rings i used were the burris rings for the 11 mm cz 455 top rail. they worked well with no problems, but i wanted something just a little higher. then i went with bkl technologies 200 series rings high rings. still again no problems.
Jerry G
Uber Master Poster
Uber Master Poster

Post by Jerry G »

If you don't use a sloped base or shim the rings, you will be using the very top of your scope adjustment for the stoopid game we play. Best to raise the back end of your scope as soon as you buy it and use the middle of your scope. I can run my SB out to 200 M and my HP out to 1200 yards.
DavidABQ
Expert Master Poster
Expert Master Poster

Post by DavidABQ »

As much as it pains me to agree with Jerry I have to admit that without a sloped base you will most like be at the very top on the scope's elevation range.

Jerry, can you recommend a high quality made in America, aluminum scope rings that fit will fit a Weaver Base for less that $100 for a set?
Boyd L.
AA Poster
AA Poster

Post by Boyd L. »

DavidABQ wrote:...can you recommend a high quality made in America, aluminum scope rings that fit will fit a Weaver Base for less that $100 for a set?
http://www.weaveroptics.com/rings_bases ... quad_lock/
DavidABQ
Expert Master Poster
Expert Master Poster

Post by DavidABQ »

Boyd L. wrote:
DavidABQ wrote:...can you recommend a high quality made in America, aluminum scope rings that fit will fit a Weaver Base for less that $100 for a set?
http://www.weaveroptics.com/rings_bases ... quad_lock/
I had forgotten about Weaver rings, thank you.