Leupold Vari-XIII 6.5X20

All the dope on risers, rings, scopes and optics.
RWard
B Poster
B Poster

Leupold Vari-XIII 6.5X20

Post by RWard »

I have a used Leupold 6.5X20 Vari-XIII scope with Premier 1minute dot reticle for sale. It is in good condition, however does have ring marks. Scope has all accessories and box. $475 shipped CONUS. Please email me at rogerward99@gmail.com for pictures or questions if interested. Scope is sold.
Last edited by RWard on Sun Apr 12, 2015 7:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
cslcAl
Master Poster
Master Poster

Re: Leupold Vari-XIII 6.5X20

Post by cslcAl »

Roger Do you still have this scope for sale?

Al Foust
Team Sierra Member
warbird2006
B Poster
B Poster

Post by warbird2006 »

I purchased this scope from Roger. He sent me couple of nice pictures.
We agreed on $460
When I received the scope, I noticed right away the scope has 2 deep marks on the body right bellow the front lense.
The scope must have drop down from 2 storey building.

This is what I emailed to Roger:
Well at least you can tell me what are the marks from. Because they are kind of deep. I need to try if it affects tracking.
I feel a bit deceived. You sent me 2 pictures where the marks could not be seen.
Theses aren't even the rings marks.
A scope with this kind of damage is not worth the price I paid.

His Reply:
The marks were there when I purchased it and do not affect its tracking. I know this as I set a IHMSA National record with it. If you feel it's not adequate I suggest you put it back on Steel Chicken as there were 3 other people who wanted it .

My Reply: You suggest I cheat like you?

So what do you guys think, anyone is up for damaged Leupold? $460 shipped?
I think Roger is a cheater and he thinks if his integrity is in toilet, mine is too.

Last edited by warbird2006 on Mon Apr 20, 2015 10:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BCloninger
Master Poster
Master Poster

Post by BCloninger »

While I agree the damage should have been disclosed, functionally the real question is if Leupold will still honor the warranty since that warranty is a big reason Leupold scopes retain value. If they will still honor the warranty, you got a good deal. Otherwise, you overpaid. Regardless, you should have been allowed to make an informed decision.
"You are never too old to set another goal or to dream a new dream."
- C.S. Lewis
cslcAl
Master Poster
Master Poster

Post by cslcAl »

If Leupold were to warrantee that scopes damage, they most likely would just replace the whole thing. You can kiss the 1 min. dot goodbye.

Al Foust
Team Sierra Member
BCloninger
Master Poster
Master Poster

Post by BCloninger »

On the other hand, a new VX3 6.5-20 for $460 doesn't suck.
"You are never too old to set another goal or to dream a new dream."
- C.S. Lewis
cslcAl
Master Poster
Master Poster

Post by cslcAl »

Yes but they don't install custom dots anymore. All they will put in are the factory offerings.

Al Foust
Team Sierra Member
Jerry G
Uber Master Poster
Uber Master Poster

Post by Jerry G »

They still have the 1/2 dot. If they remove the 1 minute.
Jim T.
A Poster
A Poster

Post by Jim T. »

warbird2006 wrote:I purchased this scope from Roger. He sent me couple of nice pictures.
We agreed on $460
When I received the scope, I noticed right away the scope has 2 deep marks on the body right bellow the front lense.
The scope must have drop down from 2 storey building.

This is what I emailed to Roger:
Well at least you can tell me what are the marks from. Because they are kind of deep. I need to try if it affects tracking.
I feel a bit deceived. You sent me 2 pictures where the marks could not be seen.
Theses aren't even the rings marks.
A scope with this kind of damage is not worth the price I paid.

His Reply:
The marks were there when I purchased it and do not affect its tracking. I know this as I set a IHMSA National record with it. If you feel it's not adequate I suggest you put it back on Steel Chicken as there were 3 other people who wanted it .

My Reply: You suggest I cheat like you?

So what do you guys think, anyone is up for damaged Leupold? $460 shipped?
I think Roger is a cheater and he thinks if his integrity is in toilet, mine is too.

Yeah, I would say Roger Ward, the IHMSA National record holder, is a cheater, a liar and an unadulterated POS!!! In case it is not obvious to you there are few things that get me more upset than someone who blatantly misrepresents something they are selling on the internet. What makes this even more egregious is that he sent you photos (for the sole purpose of determining condition) that were purposely posed to exclude the obvious damage!!! Just like me, most people would not even consider a scope with that kind of damage, a fact that Roger Ward the IHMSA National record holder was well aware of.

I doubt that Leupold would replace that scope due to that damage. I suspect that they would repair it in the future if it needed repair whether it was due to that damage or something else. However, that does not make up for the fact that you bought a scope, the condition of which was brazenly misrepresented, that is not worth anywhere near $460 to anyone who knows anything about buying used Leupold scopes!!! That is, none of those 3 other "people who wanted it" want it in the condition it is in.

If I were you, I would go to IHMSA.org and list it for sale there with the entire story and see how many interested folks you get. At the very least they would get a picture of the cheater that is Roger Ward the IHMSA National record holder.