Air Pistol in Houston, TX Area

Pumps, pre-charged, springers and everything else pneumatic.
22Hornet
B Poster
B Poster

Air Pistol in Houston, TX Area

Post by 22Hornet »

I am the Bayou Rifle Hunter Pistol Match Director and I am trying to find out if there is any interest in the area for an air pistol silhouette match in the area. I am willing to host the match and BRI has the equipment and a range. Please reply to this posting or send me a personal message.
richard
A Poster
A Poster

Re: Air Pistol in Houston, TX Area

Post by richard »

I am from Philadelphia, PA so my vote does not count however my comment will be obvious. If you do not run the matches you can be absolutely sure nobody will come. If you run the matches then someone may attend. You just never know if people will come no matter what they tell you. I have had people call and talk to me about showing up and we never ever see them and others show up we never saw before. When we started running airgun matches we were told there was no interest. Over the years attendance has been up and down but those that do come always have a good time.
The simple truth is that the more matches there are, the more people will shoot our airgun sports! We now run both air pistol and rifle shoulder to shoulder outside where we have the room. It's not much more work and attracts a few more shooters.
Good luck and thanks for being willing!
Richard
psteiger
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by psteiger »

I might try it as I have some of the stuff. What day were you thinking? Are you going to set the stuff up on range 4? If you wanted to introduce it during a CLA match I could bring a couple pistols and we could let everybody play. Or after a SB match. I think the air rifle match conflicts with the CLA match down here. I guess it's all academic as the range is under 7 feet of water.....unless we do it out of canoes. There have been a couple of people inquiring about that, but one was from out of town and it's been a while. I know Emmett would do it, as he does everything.

Pat
cedestech
Distinguished Master Poster w/Palms
Distinguished Master Poster w/Palms

Post by cedestech »

psteiger wrote: I know Emmett would do it, as he does everything.

Pat
I'm the anti-Mickey....

b-(
Emmett Dibble, Houston, Texas. Where's my buddy Jason? Keeper of electronic records and banisher of little pieces of paper?
psteiger
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by psteiger »

1. it's not Mickey it's Mikey.
2. I doubt anyone here will get the Life Cereal reference.
3. and you're not the anti-Mikey, you hate broccoli.

lol
p
22Hornet
B Poster
B Poster

Post by 22Hornet »

Based on a few discussions it would likely be the 3rd Saturday on the smallbore silhouette range at Addicks.. Assuming it Evers goes down. Not too many true Silhouette conflicts. It does conflict with plinkathon but I don't know many silhouette shooters that shoot with Bill much. Will discuss more at my match when the water goes down. :)
Tlee
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by Tlee »

Nice thing about air PISTOL silhouette is it's feasible to have it in a small area such as a large backyard, small warehouse space, indoor shop, etc.... Assuming you're not in conflict with a local ordinance (like my city) that classifies air guns as firearms.

- Tim
psteiger
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by psteiger »

3rd Saturday is a definite NO go for me. PSC has an IMSHA and CLA match. Only 3 Miles away from my house AND I get to shoot SB, PC AND CF leverguns that day. Maybe 2nd or 3rd Sunday? I doubt the water will be down until September.............hurricane season.

p
Tlee
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by Tlee »

2nd Sunday is Austin Hunters Pistol & Cowboy Rifle, fwiw

- Tim
psteiger
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by psteiger »

I want to come out with Emmitt to Austin. Work has interfered and tomorrow is Elisabeth's birthday, so I can't go. Trust me, I WANT to be there, but I'm cooking. Maybe next month. Shoot well!

p
22Hornet
B Poster
B Poster

Post by 22Hornet »

We have decided to conduct an air pistol match after our HP / Cowboy Silhouette match on the 4th Sunday of the month at Bayou Rifle. Planned on starting in August but to many folks could not stay. I will hold it in Sept. Even if I am the only one left.
psteiger
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by psteiger »

I will bring a couple loaner right handed guns if anyone is interested.