2016 Louisiana Indoor Air Rifle Silhouette Regional "Chicken Coop Shoot"

Pumps, pre-charged, springers and everything else pneumatic.
Doodaddy
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

2016 Louisiana Indoor Air Rifle Silhouette Regional "Chicken Coop Shoot"

Post by Doodaddy »

We're excited to announce the 2016 Chicken Coop Shoot! Last year was immensely successful and we're hoping to carry on the momentum. We're very thankful for those who took a risk on us to show up and shoot last year that made the match what it was.

Any and all suggestions are welcome so please do not hesitate to provide feedback. We want this to be a community loved event. There are images of the range at http://www.teamhatchshootingfacility.com and there is a gallery from the 2015 Chicken Coop Shoot as well.

Just as last year for those that do not attend the match, I will be providing real time results on the range's site.

On February 13-14, 2016, the 2016 Louisiana Indoor Air Rifle Silhouette Regional will be hosted at Team Hatch Shooting Facility in Jonesboro, LA.

A two day tournament (NRA Registered event) with an 80 shot match for each rifle. Target and Open will be shot Saturday February 13 with Sporter on Sunday February 14. Practice will be available Friday evening February 12, 2016. Resettable targets will be utilized for this tournament. Lunch will be served on Saturday and Sunday.

Entry fees will be $25 for the first rifle, $25 for the second, & $15 for the third rifle.

Registration can be sent to:

Danny Hatch
365 Swanner Watts rd
Jonesboro, LA 71251

Please see the attached file for the registration form.

The range sort of remotely located, but it is central to Little Rock to Baton Rouge and Dallas to Jackson. Just south of I-20. ~30 miles from Ruston, LA & ~37 miles from West Monroe, LA.

429 Swanner Watts rd, Jonesboro, LA 71251

For lodging, I believe that the Jimmie Davis State Park is probably the best option. It's located very near the range (5-8 miles) and is on Caney Lake. The park offers a variety of lodging options (Deluxe Cabins $120/night, Deluxe Lodges $160/night, and Traditional Camp sites.) This was a very highly spoke of place from shooters last year.

Park site:
http://www.crt.state.la.us/louisiana-st ... tate-park/

Floor Plan and images:
http://www.crt.state.la.us/louisiana-st ... mmodations

Standard hotel options are below.

Ruston, LA Lodging:
http://hotelguides.com/louisiana/ruston-la-hotels.html

West Monroe, LA Lodging:
http://hotelguides.com/louisiana/west-m ... otels.html

There is a hotel of sorts in Jonesboro as well:
http://www.budgetinnjonesboro.com/

Questions, concerns, comments, ideas, suggestions all can be sent to me here, RFC, or email: garin.hatch@graphicpkg.com or my cell at 318-381-2210. Please contact me or see http://www.teamhatchshootingfacility.com for anything you may need.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Doodaddy on Wed Oct 28, 2015 8:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
I am NOT Danny Hatch. Image
Doodaddy
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Re: 2016 Louisiana Indoor Air Rifle Silhouette Regional "Chicken Coop Shoot"

Post by Doodaddy »

I'll post a few pictures here just to show last year's match.

And indoor parking for all we can fit!

Scoresheet from last year:

http://www.teamhatchshootingfacility.co ... l-results/
Gabby Jones
B Poster
B Poster

Post by Gabby Jones »

Sure lookin' forward to the chicken coop shoot this year. I'm really glad you Hatch's "hatched" out the idea of designing a fine air gun facility inside a place for "hatched " chickens. Now we git to shoot at them chickens and pigs and turkeys and rams in PERFECT conditions! To all you airgun silhouetters out there: THIS IS ONE MATCH YOU SHOULD TRY TO MAKE!! YOU WON"T BE DISSAPOINTED! AND if any of yawl like GOOD groceries like I do ( as you can tell by the size of my abdominal cavity) Danny's wife's cookin' is second to NONE!! and I think she is passin' her secret hot water bread recipe on to Tatum. Anyway, the food alone is worth the trip! Don't worry about the wind and weather either cause its warm and dry and lighted to perfection. Garin and Danny and the Hatch clan put a lot of work into a S S S!!! (Super Silhouette Shoot)! Also, the cabins at Jimmy Davis State Park (about 10 minutes from the range) are a great place to stay too!
Doodaddy
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by Doodaddy »

Gabby Jones wrote:Sure lookin' forward to the chicken coop shoot this year. I'm really glad you Hatch's "hatched" out the idea of designing a fine air gun facility inside a place for "hatched " chickens. Now we git to shoot at them chickens and pigs and turkeys and rams in PERFECT conditions! To all you airgun silhouetters out there: THIS IS ONE MATCH YOU SHOULD TRY TO MAKE!! YOU WON"T BE DISSAPOINTED! AND if any of yawl like GOOD groceries like I do ( as you can tell by the size of my abdominal cavity) Danny's wife's cookin' is second to NONE!! and I think she is passin' her secret hot water bread recipe on to Tatum. Anyway, the food alone is worth the trip! Don't worry about the wind and weather either cause its warm and dry and lighted to perfection. Garin and Danny and the Hatch clan put a lot of work into a S S S!!! (Super Silhouette Shoot)! Also, the cabins at Jimmy Davis State Park (about 10 minutes from the range) are a great place to stay too!
I'm glad we got your approval. I don't think a match even counts unless Gabby is there!
dhatch
AA Poster
AA Poster

Post by dhatch »

Just to let all know that Arkansas struck first. We received our first entries from two shooters that didn't make it to our first tournament, and we do appreciate this !!! :D We've been hearing that more shooters are coming this year and that several would be from Arkansas. Thanks Arkansas. Oh, and just saying, that rumor has it that Louisiana just might have a team entry this year, and seeing as this is our effort to grow the silhouette sport, there will be no charge for any team entry. But, is Texas, Arkansas and Mississippi, or any other state for that matter, gonna let Louisiana shoot unopposed? I looked at the National Records, and for Indoor Air Rifle Silhouette 3 Person Team Records, in Target, Open, and Sporter, there are not any at all listed for Women or Seniors! It is wide open!!! Just thought I would pass that along. :-$
Proud Member of the C. C. S. A.
dhatch
AA Poster
AA Poster

Post by dhatch »

We've picked up some more entries. Thanks Texas! And another one from Arkansas. Also, we have our first 3 person Team entry! :-bd Everyone remember, you do not have to be a NRA member to shoot in this tournament, but, you must be a NRA member and have a current book for a national record to count. This is important, and yes, I know that with each record that I submitted from our 2015 tournament, the membership status was checked and all 28 submitted was approved. Also, we will have some books available at the match. We will have all of the current records, for Indoor Air Rifle Silhouette posted at the match. That makes it interesting as the match progresses. The Team Hatch 3 person cooking team has been put together for this year to step up for the expected increase in shooters and spectators. Reckon we oughta do the Hot Water Bread thing again? Y'all come, you will not be disappointed !!! Just ask Gabby. :))
dhatch
AA Poster
AA Poster

Post by dhatch »

In an earlier post, Gabby referred to our 2015 Tournament as a Super Silhouette Shoot. mmmmmmmmm, Chicken Coop Super Silhouette Shoot. Seems to me to have a nice ring to it. 8)
Gabby Jones
B Poster
B Poster

Post by Gabby Jones »

dhatch wrote:In an earlier post, Gabby referred to our 2015 Tournament as a Super Silhouette Shoot. mmmmmmmmm, Chicken Coop Super Silhouette Shoot. Seems to me to have a nice ring to it. 8)
Hey Danny! Me and Wimpy gonna put together a team to see who can eat the most of your wifes HAWT WATER BREAD!! I bet we could win THAT!!!!
dhatch
AA Poster
AA Poster

Post by dhatch »

Does Wimpy know what hot water bread is?
dhatch
AA Poster
AA Poster

Post by dhatch »

Just received a couple of entries from Mississippi. Thanks Mississippi !!! Don't forget, indoor parking for about 12 vehicles, first come, first serve. If it is raining, then everyone will be able to drive inside to unload or load up in the dry. Valet parking by request and you will never get wet. Yep, we have valet parking at the Chicken Coop Super Silhouette Shoot! Oh, also don't forget that you can unload on Friday and not worry with loading back up till time to go home. We can handle 8 shooters per relay and 32 shooters or more shouldn't be a problem. Current indications are that right now we are expecting about 21 shooters so that leaves plenty of room. Y'all come!
Doodaddy
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by Doodaddy »

dhatch wrote:Just received a couple of entries from Mississippi. Thanks Mississippi !!! Don't forget, indoor parking for about 12 vehicles, first come, first serve. If it is raining, then everyone will be able to drive inside to unload or load up in the dry. Valet parking by request and you will never get wet. Yep, we have valet parking at the Chicken Coop Super Silhouette Shoot! Oh, also don't forget that you can unload on Friday and not worry with loading back up till time to go home. We can handle 8 shooters per relay and 32 shooters or more shouldn't be a problem. Current indications are that right now we are expecting about 21 shooters so that leaves plenty of room. Y'all come!
Who would let you drive their vehicle?! :))
dustinflint
Expert Master Poster
Expert Master Poster

Post by dustinflint »

Just put my entry in the mail! Can't wait!!

Dustin
dhatch
AA Poster
AA Poster

Post by dhatch »

All Right!!!!!!!! Our first Luzianna entry is on the way!!! Thanks a heap Dustin! Y'all keep them coming. I haven't been listing names of entries received, but they are really good Shooters. All air rifle silhouette shooters out there, think about it for a moment. No wind. Lighting conditions are pretty consistent and constant throughout the day, very small changes there. Not like being outside. And Gabby shot his personal best in air rifle here last year. Don't worry about "running out of light" while going for long run records. Our lighting is really good. Oh, and Doodaddy, who said I would be doing the driving? If it is raining, you will be doing the driving and getting wet, not me, cause I'm the Daddy! I am pulling rank! =)) =)) =))
Doodaddy
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by Doodaddy »

dhatch wrote:All Right!!!!!!!! Our first Luzianna entry is on the way!!! Thanks a heap Dustin! Y'all keep them coming. I haven't been listing names of entries received, but they are really good Shooters. All air rifle silhouette shooters out there, think about it for a moment. No wind. Lighting conditions are pretty consistent and constant throughout the day, very small changes there. Not like being outside. And Gabby shot his personal best in air rifle here last year. Don't worry about "running out of light" while going for long run records. Our lighting is really good. Oh, and Doodaddy, who said I would be doing the driving? If it is raining, you will be doing the driving and getting wet, not me, cause I'm the Daddy! I am pulling rank! =)) =)) =))
I'm far too pretty to get rained on. Besides, isn't Jonah about the age to be driving? He could use this for some practice. :ymsmug:
dhatch
AA Poster
AA Poster

Post by dhatch »

Don't flatter yourself. It is sugar that melts and that ain't you! :roll: