2016 Louisiana Indoor Air Rifle Silhouette Regional "Chicken Coop Shoot"

Pumps, pre-charged, springers and everything else pneumatic.
dhatch
AA Poster
AA Poster

Re: 2016 Louisiana Indoor Air Rifle Silhouette Regional "Chicken Coop Shoot"

Post by dhatch »

They just keep coming. Got one in today from Ethel. Thanks my friend! And the expected number continues to grow. As of now, we are confident of 26 shooters. We are still 4 weeks away. Oh, and Jefff called. If you have Valet parking, in a chicken house, where a air rifle tournament is being held, you just might be a redneck! Well, I've been called worser. :lol: Hey Dustin, do you reckon 2 sets of re-setables are enough?
Proud Member of the C. C. S. A.
dustinflint
Expert Master Poster
Expert Master Poster

Post by dustinflint »

dhatch wrote: Hey Dustin, do you reckon 2 sets of re-setables are enough?
Yes, I think 2 sets of resettables is perfect. Since there are no lighting issues, time of day is not a problem. I think you can with no problem accommodate up to 48 shooters with 2 sets of targets.

Dustin
dhatch
AA Poster
AA Poster

Post by dhatch »

Hey. My neighbor was out walking today. Told me that someone stopped looking for where the air rifle match was held and how to get to Jimmie Davis State Park on Caney Lake. They were out finding the locations ahead of time, which is good. I am sorry I missed you. But to everybody, my cell number is 318-607-5034. Put this number in your phone. Do not hesitate to call me for directions if needed, when you come for the tournament or if you come ahead of time to scout it all out. Do not worry about "bothering" me. You won't be! I'll be happy to show you around. Bring your air rifle. This Saturday morning, I will put the yellow CAUTION tape on either side of Swanner - Watts Road, where you will be turning off of Hwy 4, onto Swanner-Watts Road. I will also have Orange ribbons hanging down from it. Remember that the S.-Watts Road is a dead end road, but you really can't miss the place. Once you turn onto our road, there will be some chicken houses on your left. Keep going. Then you will see some chickens houses on your right, keep going. Mine are the next ones on you left, at least 3/4 of a mile from the highway. I am in the process of tearing down the first two, most of the tin has been removed. Those two look rough but don't let that distract you. The "Coop" is the third one and is in good shape. You will not be disappointed! Ya'll come!
dhatch
AA Poster
AA Poster

Post by dhatch »

Hey all Chicken Coop Shooters. Remember that you can practice anytime starting at 7 am Friday morning and on into Friday night if you need or want to.
Practice Saturday and Sunday morning starts as early as you want it to, the range will be open.
Remember that, if you want to, you can unload all of your equipment Friday and not load it back up till you leave Sunday. There will be a guard there Friday and Saturday night. I will also request to have a Jackson Parish deputy to make a loop or two there each night.
Practice and warm ups will stop at 8:45 am Saturday morning for a meeting of the Chicken Coop Shooters Association. This will involve Safety, general information, news concerning contact with Larry Piercy of Precision Airgun Distribution, Airguns of Arizona and with American Airgunner. Just by chance I met Larry yesterday. Unfortunately, they are not able to make it, this year.............
We will be doing some videoing of this match and you very well may be asked to do a interview. volunteers are welcome. this video will be used for future promotional purposes.
Ya'll come!!!!!
dustinflint
Expert Master Poster
Expert Master Poster

Post by dustinflint »

Word is that Bruce Finley has been spending every weekend at the Chicken Coop getting ready for this match. I'd say the early odds are on Bruce to take home the trophy!

Dustin
atomicbrh
Master Poster
Master Poster

Post by atomicbrh »

Bruce has been sick this week. Hard to shoot well if you cannot breath normally. I started getting sick yesterday; some kind of sinus, sore throat, head cold bug. I think Bruce gave it to me over the phone. Is that possible?
dustinflint
Expert Master Poster
Expert Master Poster

Post by dustinflint »

atomicbrh wrote:Hard to shoot well if you cannot breath normally.
I hold my breath when I shoot - Bruce doesn't need to be able to breathe to shoot well.
atomicbrh wrote:I started getting sick yesterday; some kind of sinus, sore throat, head cold bug. I think Bruce gave it to me over the phone. Is that possible?
No. What else have y'all been doing together?

Dustin
Doodaddy
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by Doodaddy »

dustinflint wrote:Word is that Bruce Finley has been spending every weekend at the Chicken Coop getting ready for this match. I'd say the early odds are on Bruce to take home the trophy!

Dustin
I can give some clarification to such rumors. Bruce is not spending every weekend there. He has claimed squatter's rights and refuses to leave now! I snapped a picture for irrefutable proof.

I am NOT Danny Hatch. Image
atomicbrh
Master Poster
Master Poster

Post by atomicbrh »

Dustin, Do not hang around Bruce. You will have plenty of air rifles but no money.
dhatch
AA Poster
AA Poster

Post by dhatch »

Shouldn't he be paying rent or something? =)) :))
Doodaddy
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by Doodaddy »

The match is nearly upon us. We're really excited about this year's match and are really looking forward to everyone showing up and shooting!

I went through the lights to make sure everything is as it should be this weekend. I also put in an additional gun rack. We now have a rack on each side of the firing line for a total 56 rifle capacity.

We'd like to thank Adam Braverman over at Lapua for helping us make the range look a bit more official with the Lapua and SK banners. It's a nice touch to the over all feel of the range and is appreciated very, very much.

We will be using resettable targets again this year to keep the match moving at a steady pace that's easy on everyone. Big thanks to Dustin Flint for those!! The free standing targets are just to tide the Hatches over from match to match. :p

GTS
AA Poster
AA Poster

Post by GTS »

Thanks to Team Hatch for hosting a great match. Perfect shooting conditions and lots of great food. I am marking my calendar for the 2017 match.

Greg Sullivan
Gabby Jones
B Poster
B Poster

Post by Gabby Jones »

To ALL the UNLUCKY AIRGUNNERS that didn't come to the Chicken Coop: I am SO SORRY that yawl didn git to stuff ya faces with Miz Vickies Outstanding gumbo and sausage casserole and DIRTY NASTY RICE and buttermilk pie and cake and........... (sorry , I digress when I think about the food) the whole match is a buncha good friends that have a BALL!!! Congratulations to Garin and Tatum, they are FINALLY gonna tie the knot! Grats to Dustin AGAIN! Kinda gittin redundant when he goes to a match! lol. Thanks to Woody and Bill for keepin our bellies full at the lodge, and thanks to my cuz Kenny and Wimpy for letting me win their dollars! If yawl missed this one, don't miss the nationals in Baton Rouge. Ol' Jerry Toureau is purty handy around a stove hisself! and a great time is a'waitin there too!
dustinflint
Expert Master Poster
Expert Master Poster

Post by dustinflint »

I agree with Greg and Gabby; this was another GREAT match. Thanks to everyone involved with "Team Hatch" for putting in all the hard work to make it happen! Cant wait till next year.

If you shoot air rifle silhouette, you need to be at this match!

If you shoot some other type of silhouette but not air rifle silhouette, you need to start shooting air rifle silhouette and you need to be at this match!

If you don't shoot silhouette, you need to start shooting silhouette and you need to start shooting air rifle silhouette and you need to be at this match!

If you don't shoot guns, you need to start shooting guns and you need to start shooting silhouette and you need to start shooting air rifle silhouette and you need to be at this match!

Basically, everyone should be at this match!

See you at the NRA Air Rifle Silhouette Nationals in Baton Rouge on March 18-20!

Dustin
Doodaddy
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by Doodaddy »

The match went very well this year with an even larger turnout than last. We're hoping to carry on this momentum into the future. We plan to be starting club matches soon and trying to cultivate a local shooting community as well.

We'd like to thank all that came out and we're really looking forward to next year!

Score and pictures are on the site. http://www.teamhatchshootingfacility.com

Bill and Dustin. If you could do me the favor of snapping a picture of the trophies you received, I'd really appreciate it. I completely forgot and would like a better one than what I'd have for this site as well as Mike's site.

Since I promised Bill the details.

Trophy on the left:
  • *Base - Ribbon Stripe Claro Walnut from California
    *Uprights - Fiddleback Ash from a local tree here in Arkansas dyed jet black.
    *Crossmember - Ziricote, Central Americ
    *Ram - Fiddleback Claro Walnut from California
    *Pellet from Danny Hatch at the indoor range
Trophy on the right:
  • *Base - 300 year old Yellow Pine from Western Arkansas
    *Uprights - Black Dymondwood (Phenolic impregnated Birch veneers cooked to make an homogeneous piece of plastic wood)
    *Center section - Spalted Sycamore
    *Pig - Cocobolo colored Dymondwood.