FWB 300S

Pumps, pre-charged, springers and everything else pneumatic.
TomJ
B Poster
B Poster

FWB 300S

Post by TomJ »

I'm new to shooting metallic silhouette and have a chance to purchase a FWB 300S. Can you mount a scope on an FWB 300S? If so, what scopes would you suggest?
cedestech
Distinguished Master Poster w/Palms
Distinguished Master Poster w/Palms

Re: FWB 300S

Post by cedestech »

Easy to mount on a 300, you are going to want 15+ power and with a AO down to 50 feet, 10 meters is better. 1/4" adjustments if you can get it. It'll be more then a full turn from chickens to rams.
Emmett Dibble, Houston, Texas. Where's my buddy Jason? Keeper of electronic records and banisher of little pieces of paper?
richard
A Poster
A Poster

Post by richard »

You will be happy with a FWB300. I have many friends who shoot and love them. They shoot them for NRA silhouette and have scopes on them. They like scopes from 12 to 24 power, that of course focus down to minimum distance which is 20 yards. They even shoot some field target with them although they are a little wimpy for that. Most of the "10 meter" guns are very nice guns to shoot!
Richard
chuckjordan2
A Poster
A Poster

Post by chuckjordan2 »

Also choose a scope that is reinforced to take the recoil. The FWB300 rides on a sledge. Or a cheap scop (for often replacement).
kd5zmg
AA Poster
AA Poster

Post by kd5zmg »

In HS I used to shoot a 300S, but for offhand precision matches. I did not know we could use these for Silhouette. Is it enough to KO Rams?
-Mark
bigmike6970
B Poster
B Poster

Post by bigmike6970 »

Mark,

They are used in Air Rifle Silhouette, and for practice on reduced sized targets and distance.
atomicbrh
Master Poster
Master Poster

Post by atomicbrh »

Yes, they will KO the ram better than most 10 meter guns. When the seals are fresh they are usually a slight bit faster than the newer 10 meter rifles.
kd5zmg
AA Poster
AA Poster

Post by kd5zmg »

SWEET. My daughter wants to shoot Air Rifles. Are the distances in the NRA rule book? I only am familiar with Smallbore rules.

-Mark
-Mark
cwmoss
B Poster
B Poster

Post by cwmoss »

chuckjordan2 wrote:Also choose a scope that is reinforced to take the recoil. The FWB300 rides on a sledge. Or a cheap scop (for often replacement).
The 300s rifles are recoilless, so any scope can be used. I have had a Leupold on mine for ages.
kd5zmg
AA Poster
AA Poster

Post by kd5zmg »

According to Leupold tech support, all their scopes are reinforced forward and back and are safe to use on all air rifles.

-Mark
-Mark
TomJ
B Poster
B Poster

Post by TomJ »

Have a 300S coming and am wondering what type of mounts/rings you use on your rifles. Thanks in advance for your help. Tom
cwmoss
B Poster
B Poster

Post by cwmoss »

Your receiver is grooved so use BKL. Great rings and not expensive at all.
chuckjordan2
A Poster
A Poster

Post by chuckjordan2 »

cwmoss wrote:
chuckjordan2 wrote:Also choose a scope that is reinforced to take the recoil. The FWB300 rides on a sledge. Or a cheap scop (for often replacement).
The 300s rifles are recoilless, so any scope can be used. I have had a Leupold on mine for ages.
Incorrect, they appear recoilless, they do ride on what is called a sledge. The action moves back (recoils) after the sear is released. I've resealed about 4 of them along with the FWB150. The can kill cheap scopes.

If you still don't believe me, go to the American Vintage Airguns forum and search there. Any 'vintage' airrifle will have the most knowledgeable people there.