2 pound trigger on Anschutz?

Pumps, pre-charged, springers and everything else pneumatic.
Ghostofwar
AA Poster
AA Poster

2 pound trigger on Anschutz?

Post by Ghostofwar »

I was just wondering if anyone has put the 5022 trigger in their Anschutz air rifle or maybe just swapped the spring for a 2 pound trigger pull. I am wondering if it would help to stay with a heavier trigger like the one on my smallbore hunter rifle. I shoot very well with the air rifle but I don't know how much of that would be attributed to the light trigger. Pros? Cons? Suggestions?
dustinflint
Expert Master Poster
Expert Master Poster

Re: 2 pound trigger on Anschutz?

Post by dustinflint »

I think it would be a very bad idea to change out a great (5018?) trigger for a 2 pound one. In my opinion, shooters go overboard trying to get their air rifle exactly the same as their smallbore rifle. If you shoot that air rifle enough the way it is, you will get plenty of benefit that will carry over to any other silhouette shooting you do.

Dustin
GTS
AA Poster
AA Poster

Post by GTS »

I shoot very well with the air rifle
I agree with Dustin. To me, this clearly falls under the old adage "if it ain't broke, don't fix it".
Ghostofwar
AA Poster
AA Poster

Post by Ghostofwar »

Ok. Sounds good to me. I do have the trigger adjusted to right around the maximum weight, which is still only about 8 ounces. The only problem is that now my 1712s trigger feels pretty heavy. I guess more practice and dry fire are needed.
kd5zmg
AA Poster
AA Poster

Post by kd5zmg »

Ghostofwar wrote:I was just wondering if anyone has put the 5022 trigger in their Anschutz air rifle or maybe just swapped the spring for a 2 pound trigger pull. I am wondering if it would help to stay with a heavier trigger like the one on my smallbore hunter rifle. I shoot very well with the air rifle but I don't know how much of that would be attributed to the light trigger. Pros? Cons? Suggestions?
What air rifle do you have? I am looking for one for the winter.
-Mark
Ghostofwar
AA Poster
AA Poster

Post by Ghostofwar »

I have an Anschutz 2002 Super Air SSP
kd5zmg
AA Poster
AA Poster

Post by kd5zmg »

Ghostofwar wrote:I have an Anschutz 2002 Super Air SSP
Keeping my eye out for one used... if not, I wouldn't mind the one ANA is selling.
-Mark
Ghostofwar
AA Poster
AA Poster

Post by Ghostofwar »

I keep an eye on the classifieds over on the Target Talk forum. The SSP rifles pop up fairly frequently.