Pellet weight?

Pumps, pre-charged, springers and everything else pneumatic.
Ghostofwar
AA Poster
AA Poster

Pellet weight?

Post by Ghostofwar »

For those of you that shoot 10m air rifles, what weight pellets do you use? What are your thoughts on the different pellet weights at the ram distance?
Last edited by Ghostofwar on Tue May 03, 2016 2:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
richard
A Poster
A Poster

Re: Pellet weight?

Post by richard »

I shoot different pellets for 10 meter than for silhouette. I shoot Crosman Premier light pellets, 7.9 grs, for silhouette and I use Champions Choice or H&N match pellets for 10 meters. The match pellets weigh around 7 to 8 grs. as well. Match pellets are great for close and make a nice round hole in a paper target but they are wadcutter,flat nose, type and do not do well at longer distances. The round nose or "domed" Premier does not make a nice hole but seems to shoot better at longer distance.
The most popular silo/field target pellet currently seems to be the JSB or AA. They come in various sizes and weights.
Richard
Ghostofwar
AA Poster
AA Poster

Post by Ghostofwar »

Sorry, maybe I should clarify...

For those of you that shoot silhouette with 10m target rifles, what weight pellets do you use? I'm currently using some AA 8.4gr domed pellets, and was wondering if the heavier 10gr pellets would be a better choice.
atomicbrh
Master Poster
Master Poster

Post by atomicbrh »

I would shoot off a rest and try several different weights and types of dome pellets at 45 yards in a no wind condition. Our family has a lot of different 10 meter air rifles. Each one seems to like a different weight and brand pellet. Some will shoot a good group with a fairly wide range of pellets. Some are finicky and will only shoot one brand and one weight.
dustinflint
Expert Master Poster
Expert Master Poster

Post by dustinflint »

I shoot 7.33 gr pellets in my Target rifle.

Dustin