2016 Texas State Air Rifle Silhouette Match: Sept 10-11, 2016

Pumps, pre-charged, springers and everything else pneumatic.
cecawthorne
B Poster
B Poster

2016 Texas State Air Rifle Silhouette Match: Sept 10-11, 2016

Post by cecawthorne »

RE: Texas State Air Rifle Silhouette Match - September 10 & 11, 2016

Hello All,

Attached is the program & entry form for the 2016 Texas State Air Rifle Match at Bayou Rifles in Houston.
Come join us for a fun and competitive 2-day match including a handicapped (3) man/woman team match.
Should you have any questions, contact me on this website or call/email using details in the program.
Plan now and looking forward to seeing you there!

Best Regards,
Chris Cawthorne
Match Director
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
cecawthorne
B Poster
B Poster

Re: 2016 Texas State Air Rifle Silhouette Match: Sept 10-11, 2016

Post by cecawthorne »

Hello All,

The water level as of August 23rd at the Bayou Rifles Range located at the Addicks Reservoir is currently at the flood stage. We are monitoring the situation to see if the water level recedes before our Texas State Match on September 10-11.

ONE WAY OR ANOTHER, WE WILL HOLD THE MATCH!

Our contingency plan gives us the option of holding the match at our Bayou Rifles Juliff Range off of Hwy 288 south of Houston (see directions below). I will post the final match location (Addicks or Juliff) by September 5-6 here so all of you from out of town can change your hotel reservations. I believe there are quite a few hotels at the Hwy 288 and Hwy 6 intersection. While I will also reach out in other ways to keep those I know that are coming informed, help me out by talking with others you about the situation. I would also appreciate you reaching out to me to let me know your are coming if you have not sent in your entry form yet so I can assist in keeping you informed.

We should have a great match with good awards in all classes, so come join us and support our sport!

Best regards,
Chris Cawthorne
Match Director

Directions: Bayou Rifles Juliff Range is located approximately. 25 miles south of Houston. Take TX Hwy. 288 south, cross TX Hwy 6, proceed 2.6 miles to Brazoria County Rd. 57 West. Turn right (west) and travel 1.8 miles. The range is on the right side (north) of the road. http://www.bayourifles.org

GPS Coordinates – +29.4534, -95.4500 or +29° 27′ 12.06″, -95° 27′ 0.09
Address – 1803 County Road 57, Rosharon, TX 77583 – Google and Apple maps are about a .5 mile off for this location
cecawthorne
B Poster
B Poster

Post by cecawthorne »

Hello All,

Re: New Match Location - Texas State Air Rifle Silhouette Match, September 10-11, 2016

After assessing the water level situation at the Bayou Rifles Addicks Range, WE HAVE DECIDED TO MOVE THE TEXAS STATE AIR RIFLE SILHOUETTE MATCH TO OUR JULIFF RANGE LOCATION.

Directions: Bayou Rifles Juliff Range is located approximately 25 miles south of Houston. Take TX Hwy. 288 south, cross TX Hwy 6, proceed 2.6 miles to Brazoria County Rd. 57 West. Turn right (west) and travel 1.8 miles. The range is on the right side (north) of the road. http://www.bayourifles.org

GPS Coordinates – +29.4534, -95.4500 or +29° 27′ 12.06″, -95° 27′ 0.09
Address – 1803 County Road 57, Rosharon, TX 77583 – Google and Apple maps are about a .5 mile off for this location

For those coming in from out-of-town, there are various good chain hotels and restaurants along Hwy 288 between Beltway 8 and Hwy 6.

I will be reaching out to those I know coming to the match via email and phone, but if you know someone who is coming, please reach out and spread the word.

Practice starts at 2:00 PM on Friday and 7:30 AM to 8:45 AM on Saturday. The match will start approximately 9:00 AM. Call or email me if you have any questions.

Best Regards,
Chris Cawthorne
Match Director
cedestech
Distinguished Master Poster w/Palms
Distinguished Master Poster w/Palms

Post by cedestech »

There are 2 hotels less then 15 minutes from the range. A Best Western and Country Inn and Suites. Both are located in Manvel Texas. Google is your friend. :)
Emmett Dibble, Houston, Texas. Where's my buddy Jason? Keeper of electronic records and banisher of little pieces of paper?
psteiger
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by psteiger »

Day 1 results.
Congratulations to Dustin open rifle champ and Elisabeth target rifle champ.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
psteiger
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by psteiger »

Congratulations to Bill Motl who won Sporter and to Dustin Flint who won the 3 gun aggregate after a shootoff with Bruce Finley. Also congrats to Emmett Dibble who shot his last match as a single man. Thanks to Chris Cawthorne and his crew who ran a great match.
acorneau
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by acorneau »

Big thanks to Chris for organizing the match, Jack for running stats/scores, Pat for calling all the matches, and everyone else that put in time, effort, and energy to make the match a success.

:-BD
Allen Corneau
4H Dad
Unclassified Poster

Post by 4H Dad »

Great match! Thanks to everyone for their help. The match was well run and lots of fun.
Gabby Jones
B Poster
B Poster

Post by Gabby Jones »

Thanks to all my friends for puttin' on a fantastic air gun match! thanks Chris ,Jack, Pat, Robert for all the hard work that goes into one. Special thanks to Bill Motl who is constantly runnin' from the shootin' line back and forth settin' up all the good groceries for us fat guys to receive our proper nourishment all weekend. He does all that and still sets a national record! grats to Elizabeth, Heidi, Dustin, Bruce, Bill, Jonah (who ain't gonna be winnin' all the junior stuff much longer, but will be goin' after his uncle and all the top shooters)! Thanks to Wimpy for guidin' me through all that durn Houston traffic and lettin' me win a few of his dollars. A GREAT time as ALWAYS guys! Gabby
dustinflint
Expert Master Poster
Expert Master Poster

Post by dustinflint »

I agree with the other good comments - great match. Thank you Chris, Jack and Bill for the hard work. Pat, thank you for letting me stay with you - I sill don't like you.

Hoping to see some of the Dallas/Ft. Worth shooters show up to a Texas championship sometime soon...

Dustin