PCP Air Rifle Scope

Pumps, pre-charged, springers and everything else pneumatic.
kd5zmg
AA Poster
AA Poster

PCP Air Rifle Scope

Post by kd5zmg »

If this should be in the Scope thread, Admin please feel free to move. I am researching a scope for indoor use on a PCP Air Rifle. I would need prefer something with an AO and I think the minimum distance I can work with is about 8M.

What do you have on your Air Rifle? Should I just use open sights for that distance?
-Mark
Bob259
Uber Master Poster
Uber Master Poster

Re: PCP Air Rifle Scope

Post by Bob259 »

kd5zmg wrote:If this should be in the Scope thread, Admin please feel free to move. I am researching a scope for indoor use on a PCP Air Rifle. I would need prefer something with an AO and I think the minimum distance I can work with is about 8M.

What do you have on your Air Rifle? Should I just use open sights for that distance?
Same as on everything else Leupold 6.5x20 EFR
F Troop - Southwest Outpost

Proud Member of the Ram Slammers US Division (Two Bob)
kd5zmg
AA Poster
AA Poster

Post by kd5zmg »

Bob,

Is the Leupold 6.5x20 EFR a VX3?
-Mark
OnaginOffagin
AA Poster
AA Poster

Post by OnaginOffagin »

I use BSA 4 X 12 X 44 airgun scopes on both my RWS Model 75 and my Crosman M177 air gun upper (AR lower). They seem to hold up, and hold the zero well at indoor distances. Only $100, with a lifetime guarantee.... My only concern would be focusing....they only focus down to 10 meters.
"Honor, Respect, Service, Humility....." (Lt. Gen. Hal Moore 1st Bn, 7th Cavalry)
kd5zmg
AA Poster
AA Poster

Post by kd5zmg »

OnaginOffagin wrote:I use BSA 4 X 12 X 44 airgun scopes on both my RWS Model 75 and my Crosman M177 air gun upper (AR lower). They seem to hold up, and hold the zero well at indoor distances. Only $100, with a lifetime guarantee.... My only concern would be focusing....they only focus down to 10 meters.
Yeah, so it seems like that is the case. It is difficult to find a decent quality scope that can be focused down below 33ft/10m.
-Mark
Jerry G
Uber Master Poster
Uber Master Poster

Post by Jerry G »

Put a Leopold 50 foot adapter on it. The threads won't fit most scopes but tape works just fine to keep it in place.
kd5zmg
AA Poster
AA Poster

Post by kd5zmg »

Jerry G wrote:Put a Leopold 50 foot adapter on it. The threads won't fit most scopes but tape works just fine to keep it in place.
hmmm. that is an idea.
-Mark
gard72977
B Poster
B Poster

Post by gard72977 »

My Sightron Siii will go down to about 9 yds.
pbansen
B Poster
B Poster

Post by pbansen »

kd5zmg wrote:Is the Leupold 6.5x20 EFR a VX3?
They made the 6.5-20x40 EFR in both VX-III and VX-3 versions (and perhaps others). No significant difference between the VX-III and VX-3, as far as I can tell.

Pete