2017 Louisiana Indoor Air Rifle Silhouette Regional "Chicken Coop Shoot"

Pumps, pre-charged, springers and everything else pneumatic.
Doodaddy
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

2017 Louisiana Indoor Air Rifle Silhouette Regional "Chicken Coop Shoot"

Post by Doodaddy »

We're excited to announce the 2017 Chicken Coop Shoot! This is a match that has been shockingly successful and we’re hopeful to continue as such. It’s a great time for fellowship and weather free shooting!

Any and all suggestions are welcome so please do not hesitate to provide feedback. We want this to be a community loved event. There are pictures of the range and previous matches at the website: http://www.teamhatchshootingfacility.com/gallery/.

Just like previous years, for those that do not attend the match I will be providing real time results on the range's site.

On February 11-12, 2017, the 2017 Louisiana Indoor Air Rifle Silhouette Regional will be hosted at Team Hatch Shooting Facility in Jonesboro, LA.

A two day tournament (NRA Registered event) with an 80 shot match for each rifle. Target and Open will be shot Saturday February 11 with Sporter on Sunday February 12. Practice will be available Friday evening February 10, 2017. Resettable targets will be utilized for this tournament. Lunch will be served on Saturday and Sunday.

Entry fees will be $25 for the first rifle, $25 for the second, & $15 for the third rifle.

Registration can be sent to:

Danny Hatch
365 Swanner Watts rd
Jonesboro, LA 71251

Please see the attached file for the registration form.

The range is sort of remotely located, but it is central to Little Rock to Baton Rouge and Dallas to Jackson. Just south of I-20. ~30 miles from Ruston, LA & ~37 miles from West Monroe, LA.

429 Swanner Watts rd, Jonesboro, LA 71251

For lodging, I believe that the Jimmie Davis State Park is probably the best option. It's located very near the range (5-8 miles) and is on Caney Lake. The park offers a variety of lodging options (Deluxe Cabins $120/night, Deluxe Lodges $160/night, and Traditional Camp sites.) Deluxe Cabins sleep up to 8 people with 1 queen bed, 2 bunk beds and 1 queen sofa sleeper and the Deluxe Lodges sleep up to 14 people with 2 double beds, 4 bunk beds and 1 queen sofa sleeper. This has been spoken very highly of from several shooters. If some coordination can be made between a group of shooters, lodging can be very inexpensive.

Park site:
http://www.crt.state.la.us/louisiana-st ... tate-park/

Floor Plan and images:
http://www.crt.state.la.us/louisiana-st ... mmodations

Standard hotel options are below.
Jonesboro, LA Sleep Inn:
https://www.choicehotels.com/louisiana/ ... tels/la279

Ruston, LA Lodging:
http://hotelguides.com/louisiana/ruston-la-hotels.html

West Monroe, LA Lodging:
http://hotelguides.com/louisiana/west-m ... otels.html

Questions, concerns, comments, ideas, suggestions all can be sent to me here, RFC, or email: garinhatch@gmail.com or my cell at 318-237-6353. Please contact me or see http://www.teamhatchshootingfacility.com for anything you may need.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
I am NOT Danny Hatch. Image
Gabby Jones
B Poster
B Poster

Re: 2017 Louisiana Indoor Air Rifle Silhouette Regional "Chicken Coop Shoot"

Post by Gabby Jones »

To all you air gun shooters that ain't been to the COOP SHOOT yawl don't know whatcha missin'! The Hatch clan puts on a GUUUUD UN!. ESPECIALLY MIZ VICKIE'S and TATUM'S COOKIN'! Everything is inside and you can leave all ya stuff inside without having to load it up each day. There is even a hired armed guard to watch everybodys stuff! BE THERE OR BE SQUARE!
dhatch
AA Poster
AA Poster

Post by dhatch »

:ymapplause: Thanks Benton, Arkansas !!!!!!! Our first entry for the Coop Shoot. :-bd :D We know that the shooters will bring the competition, so we focus on Facility, Fellowship and Food. We are getting inquiries, and are expecting growth again this year which is absolutly great.
All of the food, including hot water bread and desserts, are home cooked. We have a serious concern that we do have enough prepared. So any entries sent in ahead of time are much appreciated. We realize that quite often you might not know till the week of the match that you can make it or not, and we will be happy to take entries the day of the match. But if possible, during the week of the match, do contact us to let us know that you plan to come so we can be sure to avoid the embarrassment of running out of food. Thanks a Heap, dhatch.
Proud Member of the C. C. S. A.
Ken Green
AA Poster
AA Poster

Post by Ken Green »

I have cabin #6 available if anyone needs a place to stay. I am willing to cook Friday night if the shooters staying in my cabin want me to.

I also posted this in the club house forum. Ken
Doodaddy
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by Doodaddy »

The week is upon us! If you are still on the fence about coming out, do it anyway!

ImageSHOW UP AND SHOOT!! Image
Doodaddy
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by Doodaddy »

We had our biggest group yet and we've grown each year! There many new faces this year and that's just as exciting as the familiar ones. We hope to continue putting all we can in the match and are very appreciative of all that are willing to make the trip.

A big thank you to acorneau for providing most of the pictures. I'm still working on getting that video out.

Mike Turner over at http://www.benchreststocks.com provided the trophies and they are always top notch!

As always match scores and pictures are on the site. http://www.teamhatchshootingfacility.com

glen ring
Master Poster
Master Poster

Post by glen ring »

A couple of our club's shooters were there and they had GREAT things to say about your match. Good job guys/gals.
Just Be Nice **==
Doodaddy
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by Doodaddy »

glen ring wrote:A couple of our club's shooters were there and they had GREAT things to say about your match. Good job guys/gals.
That's fantastic. It's always good to hear feedback from the new shooters! :-bd
Ken Green
AA Poster
AA Poster

Post by Ken Green »

It was a very good match this year. I am planning on being there next year. Thanks to team Hatch for putting on such a great match and plenty of good food. I also made a post on the Team Hatch Web site. If you haven't been, you are missing a good time.
dhatch
AA Poster
AA Poster

Post by dhatch »

I must say that I do not like the group picture. It really makes me look OLD. surely we can find a better camera? :roll:
Ken Green
AA Poster
AA Poster

Post by Ken Green »

Danny: I don't think the picture made you look any more mature than you are. Sadly, i must tell you that you look just like yourself. :-o =))
dhatch
AA Poster
AA Poster

Post by dhatch »

My wife tells me all the time that the older I get, the better looking I get. Mmmmmm.
acorneau
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by acorneau »

Sometimes the eyes are the first to go.

=))
Allen Corneau
dhatch
AA Poster
AA Poster

Post by dhatch »

Just you wait till I show her what you said. Humph, she'll be remember you at the next Coop Shoot.
dhatch
AA Poster
AA Poster

Post by dhatch »

And just saying, we will be shooting monthly shoots at the Coop on Fourth Sunday starting in March.