WTB air cylinder for Anschutz 2025

Pumps, pre-charged, springers and everything else pneumatic.
lone ringer
Master Poster
Master Poster

WTB air cylinder for Anschutz 2025

Post by lone ringer »

Hello everyone, I am looking to buy an air cylinder for an Anschutz 2025. Does anybody know if the newer tanks are compatible with the Anschutz model 2025. I also own an Anschutz Air 2002 but the air cylinders do not appear to be interchangeable. The one on the 2025 leaks right at the valve and I have not found anybody that services them. I have checked with at least two companies that sell Anschutz air rifles but they could not help me. You can send me a PM here or email me at tony.tello(at)gmail.com
atomicbrh
Master Poster
Master Poster

Re: WTB air cylinder for Anschutz 2025

Post by atomicbrh »

Tony, we own a 2002CA, a 2025 and a 8001. The cylinders are all the same. Many 2025's originally came with steel cylinders but they have the same threads and outer diameter. I have never seen a 2002CA from the factory with anything but an aluminum cylinder. My wife shoots the newer 8001. We have been using the same fill adapter to fill all three of these Anschutz for years. The trouble comes in when some dufus loses the knurled thumbscrew on the fill adapter that bleeds air and replaces it with a set screw that cannot possibly be used to bleed air. This puts a 3,000 psi lock on the cylinder threads because the air in the fill device cannot be bled off to take the pressure off of the cylinder threads. They just muscle the cylinder off when the air should be bled off to prevent destruction of the threads. Once they destroy the threads on the cylinder, they then muscle the cylinder back onto the rifle and destroy the threads on the rifle. That is why I when I buy a used Anschutz I look at their fill adapter first to see if it still has the bleed screw and then I look at the threads on the cylinder and rifle. Then I look at the rest of the rifle. People must think that because Walther, FWB and Steyr have no bleed screws on their fill adapters that they can do the same thing with an Anschutz but they are very wrong. Anschutz cylinders have a different mechanism from the other brands.
atomicbrh
Master Poster
Master Poster

Post by atomicbrh »

Tony, email inbound to you with contact info on person who can fix your cylinder.
Bobby H.
atomicbrh
Master Poster
Master Poster

Post by atomicbrh »

I called the threads on the cylinders destroyed in my previous reply and that is what they actually are, "destroyed" but the threads on the end that are ruined will have a "bunched up" appearance. Not a cross-threaded appearance but a closer than normal or finer appearance compared to the threads closer to the body of the cylinder.
atomicbrh
Master Poster
Master Poster

Post by atomicbrh »

For those of you new to air rifles and thinking about Open Air Rifles, the 2025 is the factory version of an Anschutz Open Air Rifle. It has not been produced in many years. Shoot it a lot and the cocking arm will not stay down. This is the other weak part of the 2025. Allen Zasadny is the only person who installs a block mechanism to reinforce that cocking arm flaw. We had him repair our 2025 in July of 2009 and have not had any problems with that rifle since then. Replacing the cocking arm parts with new factory parts or bushing the old cocking arm parts will not solve the problem.
lone ringer
Master Poster
Master Poster

Post by lone ringer »

Thank you for all your help and input regarding the Anschutz 2025. Allen will be able to fix the problems I am having with my rifle and I am very grateful to you for sharing Allen Z information.