Air Arms Pro Sport Cleaning?

Pumps, pre-charged, springers and everything else pneumatic.
4H Dad
Unclassified Poster

Air Arms Pro Sport Cleaning?

Post by 4H Dad »

I bought a pro sport back in December. We sighted it in and have about 500 pellets through it. We are finding that we are having to adjust the sights higher than when we bought it. So a couple of questions....

1. was there a break in period and now we need to sight in again?
2. could the gun be losing power?
3. do we just need to give the barrel a good cleaning? everything I have read says they don't need cleaning other than lube the cocking mechanism.

I would appreciate any help.
cedestech
Distinguished Master Poster w/Palms
Distinguished Master Poster w/Palms

Re: Air Arms Pro Sport Cleaning?

Post by cedestech »

If you purchased it brand new, then yes, it may have "settled" in and be a little slower then when new. If it is still accurate just a little slower I wouldn't worry.

Yes, it may need to be cleaned.. some people never clean small bore rifles, some after every outing.

BE CAREFULL cleaning air rifles, you shouldn't use anything with "light ends" or aerosol. The vapor will get into the chamber when cocked and diesel, which can be as minor as making a loud pop when you fire it to breaking something.

All the moving parts should have been "greased" when assembled and generally require no maintenance.

You can wet then dry patch the bore or use a pull through snake wetted with a little solvent. (Steiger is cringing as he reads that...)

YMMV...
Emmett Dibble, Houston, Texas. Where's my buddy Jason? Keeper of electronic records and banisher of little pieces of paper?
GSL
AA Poster
AA Poster

Re: Air Arms Pro Sport Cleaning?

Post by GSL »

HI All ,

YES , you have to adjust the sights ALL the time ...
PROsport AIR Arms is a springer ...
temperature AND humidity play excessively into the sight settings !
the rifle isn't even broken in yet ...
do not worry about cleaning for MANY thousands of pellets ...
ENJOY the gun and keep shooting AND learning !

GSL