2018 Louisiana Indoor Air Rifle Silhouette Regional "Chicken Coop Shoot"

Pumps, pre-charged, springers and everything else pneumatic.
Doodaddy
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

2018 Louisiana Indoor Air Rifle Silhouette Regional "Chicken Coop Shoot"

Post by Doodaddy »

February 10-11, 2018, the 2018 Louisiana Indoor Air Rifle Silhouette Regional will be hosted at Team Hatch Shooting Facility in Jonesboro, LA.

We're excited to announce the 2018 Chicken Coop Shoot! We've been very pleased with how the previous matches have gone and are hoping to continue improving. It’s a great time for fellowship and weather free shooting!

This year we are announcing a change to the format of the match. Going forward each match will be 60 shots opposed to the previous 80 shot matches.

Any and all suggestions are welcome so please do not hesitate to provide feedback. We want this to be a community loved event. There are pictures of the range and previous matches at the website: http://www.teamhatchshootingfacility.com/gallery/.

Just like previous years, for those that do not attend the match I will be providing real time results on the range's site.

A two day tournament (NRA Registered event) with an 60 shot match for each rifle. Target and Open will be shot Saturday February 10 with Sporter on Sunday February 11. Practice will be available Friday evening February 9, 2018. Resettable targets will be utilized for this tournament. Lunch will be served on Saturday and Sunday.

Entry fees will be $25 for the first rifle, $25 for the second, & $15 for the third rifle.

Registration can be sent to:

Danny Hatch
365 Swanner Watts rd
Jonesboro, LA 71251

Please see the attached file for the registration form.

Online payment can be sent via Paypal (friends and family method) to garinhatch@gmail.com or to $GarinHatch on Square Cash. Please email your registration to garinhatch@gmail.com.

The range is sort of remotely located, but it is central to Little Rock to Baton Rouge and Dallas to Jackson. Just south of I-20. ~30 miles from Ruston, LA & ~37 miles from West Monroe, LA.

The address is: 429 Swanner Watts rd, Jonesboro, LA 71251.

Google Map Link to the range.

For lodging, I believe that the Jimmie Davis State Park is probably the best option. It's located very near the range (5-8 miles) and is on Caney Lake. The park offers a variety of lodging options (Deluxe Cabins $105/night, Deluxe Lodges $135/night, and Traditional Camp sites.) Deluxe Cabins sleep up to 8 people with 1 queen bed, 2 bunk beds and 1 queen sofa sleeper and the Deluxe Lodges sleep up to 14 people with 2 double beds, 4 bunk beds and 1 queen sofa sleeper. This has been spoken very highly of from several shooters. If some coordination can be made between a group of shooters, lodging can be very inexpensive.

Park site:
http://www.crt.state.la.us/louisiana-st ... tate-park/

Floor Plan and images:
http://www.crt.state.la.us/louisiana-st ... mmodations

Standard hotel options are below.
Jonesboro, LA Sleep Inn:
https://www.choicehotels.com/louisiana/ ... tels/la279

Ruston, LA Lodging:
http://hotelguides.com/louisiana/ruston-la-hotels.html

West Monroe, LA Lodging:
http://hotelguides.com/louisiana/west-m ... otels.html

Questions, concerns, comments, ideas, suggestions all can be sent to me here, RFC, or email: garinhatch@gmail.com or my cell at 318-237-6353. Please contact me or see http://www.teamhatchshootingfacility.com for anything you may need.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
I am NOT Danny Hatch. Image
dhatch
AA Poster
AA Poster

Re: 2018 Louisiana Indoor Air Rifle Silhouette Regional "Chicken Coop Shoot"

Post by dhatch »

Been thinking. Dodaddy and I have discussed why there hadn’t been any 40/40 scores at the Coop. We talked with some respected shooters also and the lighting has came up each time.
The idea to better control the lighting for consistency throughout the day, we plan to line each side of the Coop with black poly to block all sunlight and rely only on indoor lighting.
With the sun light blocked, would the current stage lighting do the trick? I have 4 LED fixtures and also have several warehouse light fixtures.
I learned many years ago to gather as much information possible, to be able to make the best decision possible. That’s where all of you come in. Amongst the current and potential Coop shooters there are easily 500 years of experience that can be drawn from.
We need your input to provide the best possible environment to compete in so please do not hesitate to respond.
Proud Member of the C. C. S. A.
acorneau
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by acorneau »

Can't remember having any issues with the targets down-range, but I do remember the lighting over the firing line left a bit to be desired. I passed emails back and forth with Garin about it not long after the match last year so check with him for details.

Really looking forward to the match this year!
Allen Corneau
Doodaddy
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by Doodaddy »

acorneau wrote: Mon Jan 01, 2018 6:36 pm Can't remember having any issues with the targets down-range, but I do remember the lighting over the firing line left a bit to be desired. I passed emails back and forth with Garin about it not long after the match last year so check with him for details.

Really looking forward to the match this year!
That's my priority and it will be completed in the next coming weeks. The plan is to do it when I take inventory of which lights I need to swap out.
Ken Green
AA Poster
AA Poster

Post by Ken Green »

The lack of lights over the firing line is the only thing that I think of that really needed attention. It was kind of hard to see the numbers on the knobs. The targets were lit up very well. I did not have any problems seeing the targets down range. Thanks Ken
atomicbrh
Master Poster
Master Poster

Post by atomicbrh »

I do not think it is the light keeping the scores down but something inherent with all indoor ranges; even the ones that are as clean as surgical suites(operating rooms). Modern Outfitters in Meridian, MS. has a state of the art indoor range. There is no indoor handgun range that is any better anywhere in the world. Maybe bigger but not better. I toured that facility a couple of years ago but did not shoot there because it was too expensive for me. The ambient air exchange or something was happening in there that would not allow me to concentrate to my full capacity. Something goes on in these indoor ranges and I cannot put my finger on it.
In contrast the air pistol range at Haltom City, TX is basically in a basement. You have to walk down a flight of stairs to get to the range. The last time we shot there was on a Tuesday night in March of 2007. The light on the targets there is adequate but pales in comparison to the Hatch Facility. The background was flat black. The targets were white. We did not get that "something is happening" vibe in there with the air. Again, not air moving the pellet but ambient air.
Ken Green
AA Poster
AA Poster

Post by Ken Green »

I have my room reserved. I am looking forward to the match this year.
Doodaddy
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by Doodaddy »

acorneau wrote: Mon Jan 01, 2018 6:36 pmI do remember the lighting over the firing line left a bit to be desired.
I managed to get Bruce Finley to stop shooting headshot only 40s with his TX200 long enough to help me hang these last night, but they're only for Allen since he asked for the lights. I'm turning them off when he's not shooting. :-t

acorneau
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by acorneau »

Great, now I'll have an opportunity to try out the tinted lenses for my shooting glasses! B-)

:D
Allen Corneau
Doodaddy
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by Doodaddy »

acorneau wrote: Sun Feb 04, 2018 4:45 pm Great, now I'll have an opportunity to try out the tinted lenses for my shooting glasses! B-)

:D
What color? I'm enjoying the Vermillion tint from WileyX on my Henry.
GTS
AA Poster
AA Poster

Post by GTS »

I know this not the correct place for a sale ad, but I will have this rifle for sale at the Coop Shoot this weekend.

Anschutz 8002 S-2 .177 in good condition works as should. Has two small dings on pistol grip. Comes with full set of irons and all accessories that came with it. Great rifle, just don't need it. Special match price, $1,450.00.

Anschutz 8002 S-2.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Doodaddy
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by Doodaddy »

GTS wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2018 9:39 am I know this not the correct place for a sale ad, but I will have this rifle for sale at the Coop Shoot this weekend.

Anschutz 8002 S-2 .177 in good condition works as should. Has two small dings on pistol grip. Comes with full set of irons and all accessories that came with it. Great rifle, just don't need it. Special match price, $1,450.00.

Anschutz 8002 S-2.jpg
You won't be the only person selling there and I think that's perfectly fine and welcomed.
Doodaddy
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by Doodaddy »

I plan on doing an experiment this year. Not from demand or any reasonable need, but I plan on live streaming the match to YouTube. Mostly just because I can. It's too easy for me to do it rather than opt out of it if someone wanted to watch the match live or if a shooter wanted to go back and view their performance. It won't be anything amazing cinematically, but it will be there.

I will likely have to stream it to my personal account, because I didn't realize there was a grace period after creation on YouTube accounts being able to stream live so the Team Hatch account I created isn't eligible yet. If that changes I will edit this post. Below is the link to my personal account; I'll stream there and move the video over to the Team Hatch page after the match.

https://www.youtube.com/c/GarinHatch

I'll also post a link to the stream in each thread once I'm live.
dhatch
AA Poster
AA Poster

Post by dhatch »

Well. Your dear ol grey haired Dad will for sure be watching. I’m working the 3 to 11 shift starting Friday. 😟 So I really like this. Also this could be used when anyone asks what our sport is like.
To GTS and any others, do bring anything you want to sell. If someone would like to set up a table, let me know, I have some spare tables. I have been asked by an individual about setting up a table and of course I said yes. He has traveled to Airgun shows in other states buying and selling. I hope he can make it to the Legendary Coop Shoot. Y’all come!
Proud Member of the C. C. S. A.
Doodaddy
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by Doodaddy »

We are live:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jYPTy2SMax4

The stream will be pretty spotty it looks like. I'm doing my best with the cell service we have.