airgun metal silhouettes

Pumps, pre-charged, springers and everything else pneumatic.
chickenlips

airgun metal silhouettes

Post by chickenlips »

where can i obtain airgun silhouettes NRA and inexpensive

enough to start a progran ~50 of each animal

thanks

mr. chickenlips
GeoNLR
Sponsor
Sponsor

Mr. ChickenLips

Post by GeoNLR »

Mr. Chicken Lips,

First of all I don't know that I 100% approve of your name...but I may just have to live with that...LOL

Targets - I would Strongly suggest that you DO NOT use regulation targets. We starrted our program with them and learned REAL fast that ANY FAC air rifle (like the Anschutz 2025 in .177 or the field target rigs) was going to damage the targets. I might be as minimal as "cupping" them, but damage none the less. The 2025 (and I thing most FT rigs like the Walthers, AZ conversions and etc.) run about 17 fpe, that doesn't even cover the .22 rigs (PCP and springer). PLUS, when you shoot a chicken, the rifle is capable of throwng it about 40 yeards or so, PITA for re-setting...LOL

My opinion - Re-settables. Only way to go. Set the course in 5-10 mins. Shooter can spot his own hits/misses on the back board, etc.

We shoot Carol Seno targets but Iam under the impression he is dealing with family issuies right now and not making any. I would reccomend the following...

http://www.stimsonenterprises.com/targets.htm

YMMV,

The origional "Chicken"
Image Chicken George
atomicbrh
Master Poster
Master Poster

Post by atomicbrh »

Original Chicken and Chickenlips: I have a set of resettable NRA legal spacing air rifle/pistol targets made by Carol Scioneaux( Chicken spelled this "Seno") from Southeast Lousiana. These targets are built super tough and thick. The backing plate, rail, linkages and other parts are also very tough. The backing plate is removeable for painting and has brackets to hold paper targets. The targets are painted white and everything else is painted green. Each individual target has an adjustment stop so that the animal can be adjusted for uneven ground or pellet energy to knock it over. I have never measured the chickens but they have got to be a 1/2 inch thick or more. I have been very pleased with the targets. Because the animals are so thick they cannot be cut out with as much detail as some of the other manufacturer's targets but the durability and quality of construction makes up for any lack of target "prettiness". The targets are also very competitively priced. I have never seen a Scioneaux target bounce back up into the upright position after being hit. My suggestion is to be patient and actually look at the different targets that manufacturers are building not just pictures of them. I think you will see the Scioneaux difference. I have been working in the Boonies since Winnsboro and would have replied sooner but this(Saturday 6/24/06) was the first day back home. Just called Carol on the phone for you. He said it would be a few months before he could have you a set of air targets finished because of having to move his shop equipment and a family member being sick. Carol also told me two months on mine but he had them completed in 3 weeks. Carol gave me permission to give you his phone number but not to list it on an open forum. E-mail me at atomicbrh@hotmail.com if you need to talk to Carol and I will give you his phone number.

Bobby R. Huddleston