Walther LG300 XT Universal

Pumps, pre-charged, springers and everything else pneumatic.
Innocent
Uber Master Poster
Uber Master Poster

Re: Walther LG300 XT Universal

Post by Innocent »

Limey, congrats on your 10 n a row to finish the grand slam!! Missed you at nattys, for smallbore.
Jason, good looking rifle, now you'll be a force to contend with, having all that practice.

Innocent M
Proud member of SNOSS. I earned mine!
Proud member of IBDF Club...

Guilty until proven Innocent by the press.
Bob
Unclassified Poster

Post by Bob »

Hi Jason,

I'm in the market for a PCP rifle and was considering the same one you purchased from Champions Choice but when I looked at the picture of your rifle it did not say XT after the number 300. Is that rifle a LG300XT Universal or is it a LG300 Universal ?

Thank you,
Bob
jjp
AA Poster
AA Poster

Post by jjp »

Bob, It's a LG300 XT. The picture Champions Choice has online and in their catalog is an older picture. It's the best purchase that I've ever made. They are a pleasure to shoot. Let me know if you need anymore info.
JasonPeterson
rcb
B Poster
B Poster

Post by rcb »

JJP- Your setup looks awesome! I am thinking of getting the same rifle ( or maybe the lefty laminate version) for target silhouette. Does the loading/cocking lever have enough clearance with your scope/ring setup when it rotates through the straight up position? My dealer has cautioned me about the Walther cocking lever and some scope/ring setups.
jjp
AA Poster
AA Poster

Post by jjp »

rcb wrote:JJP- Your setup looks awesome! I am thinking of getting the same rifle ( or maybe the lefty laminate version) for target silhouette. Does the loading/cocking lever have enough clearance with your scope/ring setup when it rotates through the straight up position? My dealer has cautioned me about the Walther cocking lever and some scope/ring setups.

It clears easily. I really like it.
JasonPeterson
Finprof
A Poster
A Poster

Post by Finprof »

I had to be careful with ring clearance on mine. Rings that are wide or have a right-protruding screw or bolt will not clear. The BKL highs are what I eventually wound up with. The regular BKLs will not clear. The high mount gives better clearance for loading a pellet also. The final result with the BKL 257H mounts turned out very well.
jjp
AA Poster
AA Poster

Post by jjp »

I had to turn the burris rings where the base screw is on the left side. If I ever change them out I will go with the Bkl 257H's.
JasonPeterson
rcb
B Poster
B Poster

Post by rcb »

Thanks for the info. I will go with the BKL rings. On another note, since Walther has released the new 400 series of precision rifles, does anyone think we might be able to get a price break on the "old" 300 series air rifles? Just wondering...
Boomer_Mikey
Unclassified Poster

Post by Boomer_Mikey »

No LG400 Laminated wood stock models for the forseeable future, the LG300XT will remain a catalog item for at least 2011 per Champion's Choice.

Ordering my LG300XT next week:

Boomer
Airguns are a gas,

Boomer
jjp
AA Poster
AA Poster

Post by jjp »

Boomer_Mikey wrote:No LG400 Laminated wood stock models for the forseeable future, the LG300XT will remain a catalog item for at least 2011 per Champion's Choice.

Ordering my LG300XT next week:

Boomer
You will love it. My wife and kids shoot mine daily. It is our most used gun. Favorite at our house. :-bd
JasonPeterson
Boomer_Mikey
Unclassified Poster

Post by Boomer_Mikey »

I own several Walther's, an LGV, LGR, LGM-2, LP200, and SSP. On the lookout for an LG300 Dominator/Hunter. Been saving for the laminate for a year or so.

Boomer
Airguns are a gas,

Boomer
lone ringer
Master Poster
Master Poster

Post by lone ringer »

Boomer, you may want to check the wanted adds here in steelchickens. Dave Imas has had one Walther LG300 XT air rifle with a laminated stock for sale for a while and now if he has not sold it yet, only wants $1300 for it. If for some reason you do not know who Dave Imas is I will tell you he is one of the best rifle silhouette shooters and has been shooting for a long time.
Last edited by lone ringer on Mon Aug 29, 2011 1:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dee
Master Poster
Master Poster

Post by Dee »

Boomer_Mikey wrote:I own several Walther's, an LGV, LGR, LGM-2, LP200, and SSP. On the lookout for an LG300 Dominator/Hunter. Been saving for the laminate for a year or so.

Boomer

I picked up a LG Hunter a few months ago after shooting a freinds a couple times and really liking the way it holds. Plus shooting my best Open Air Class score yet with a 34/40 didn't hurt. Then the next match I let another club member shoot mine and he proceeds to shoot a 38/40 and tells me he wants one now. Long story short I ended up buying 2 Hunters in 2 months and we now have 3 at the club. They are sweet rifles but rare as hens teeth these days it seems. I got lucky and came across mine for a good deal on Gun Broker and the one I got for Tureau came from a WTB ad on the yellow forum, to which I only got the one offer.

Sad they do not import them any longer. Real laser beam of a pellet rifle.

Dee
Trespassers will be shot.
Survivors will be shot again!
Boomer_Mikey
Unclassified Poster

Post by Boomer_Mikey »

lone ringer wrote:Boomer, you may want to check the wanted adds here in steelchickens. Dave Imas has had one Walther LG300 XT air rifle with a laminated stock for sale for a while and now if he has not sold it yet, only wants $1300 for it. If for some reason you do not know who Dave Imas is I will tell you he is one of the best rifle silhouette shooters and has been shooting for a long time.
IMO not that good of a deal as that price is without sights... the precision sight set is worth more than the difference.
Airguns are a gas,

Boomer
glen ring
Master Poster
Master Poster

Post by glen ring »

JJP I want a rifle set up just like this one. After shooting it a while, can you tell me what, if anything, you would have done differently with this rig. Thanks Glen Ring
Just Be Nice **==