silhouette air rifle

Pumps, pre-charged, springers and everything else pneumatic.
glen ring
Master Poster
Master Poster

silhouette air rifle

Post by glen ring »

Can anyone recommend a good quality silhouette air rifle and scope combo? I don't know what caliber, power scope etc...
Ramslammer
A Poster
A Poster

Post by Ramslammer »

G'Day
I currently own three "pcp" air rifles a HW100 .22, Anshutz 2025 .177 and a MK1 Mako .177. I have also owned a number of spring guns both 10m and sporter and a Beeman super 12 .20 and a FWB P70 ft. All of these where purchased primarilly for Silhouette.

Here in Australia we only have one class and any air rifle under 7kg is permitted. The spring gun class was dropped some time ago and I beleive that we have a better system due to the recent problems with rule changes that happened in USA.

Of all the rifles I've had the P70 and 2025 are by far the best in regards to straight competition, I found the P70 too heavy for me due to some injuries I have and changed to the 2025 and I seem to shoot better with it.

The HW100 is my most recent purchase and if I could only have one rifle this would be it. In .22 it hits like a train, shoots flat and gives a larger number of shots than a .177. Also it might give a size advantage on edge hits, as we have shot on paper and it's suprising how close you can miss by.

As to scopes I've used everthing from a original "T" 6 on a spring gun to a premier 18-40 currently on my 2025. I've found that after a while you will go looking for more power, so a good high end variable (6.5-20,6-24, 8-32) would be best and the major thing is it must be repeatable in the adjustments. Being able to focus to 10m is also important as some scopes won't be parralax free at 20 yards.

To answer your question in one line.
I would by a HW100 in .22 cal, put a Leupold 6.5-20 EFR on top and if available in USA shoot JSB Diablo Exact "Jumbo" pellets through it.

Hope you enjoy whatever you buy
Juddy
GeoNLR
Sponsor
Sponsor

Post by GeoNLR »

As much as I hate to....LOL... I wanted to mention that I have a 2025 for sale. It has been quietly sitting on the used equipment section of my page and I would be willing to come off of the asking price if intrested... http://www.chickensshootingsupply.com/services.html
As mentioned the rifle is LNIB with all paperwork/tools that it shipped with. With the spare air cylinder, you can charge up at home and get quite a few shots before needing to refill...

Chicken
Image Chicken George
GTKF
AA Poster
AA Poster

Springers

Post by GTKF »

After shooting HP & SB silohuette. I wanted to try airgun. Asking the local serious shooters the Beeman/Weihrauch HW-97 was commonly recomended as good quality at a reasonable price (500.00)

I picked up a used HW77 (different stock than the 97) and have been extremely pleased with function, accuracy and power. I put a BSA 3-12 airgun scope on it - may try going to an 18X to get a site picture similar to SB & HP.

Aafter shooting for one season I'd love to get a PCP and put a Leupold 6.5-20 on it. I work hard at the matches cocking, loading and getting the shot off, compared to the PCP guys, but I can't afford the $$. Keep in mind a PCP will require another $200 or so in additional accessories.

Springers are shot in a separate category, so the field is equal. It's a great way to ty this aspect of silhouette with a reasonable investment