Airrifle Silhouette Shooters

Pumps, pre-charged, springers and everything else pneumatic.
CZforlife
Master Poster
Master Poster

Re: Airrifle Silhouette Shooters

Post by CZforlife »

Innocent wrote:Baby Huey, do I have thea air rifle for you to try....just a few shots should cure you.

Innocent
What may that be??? :D
Baby Huey
Innocent
Uber Master Poster
Uber Master Poster

Post by Innocent »

Well let's see, how about a FWB601 or an Annie 2002?

Innocent
Proud member of SNOSS. I earned mine!
Proud member of IBDF Club...

Guilty until proven Innocent by the press.
CZforlife
Master Poster
Master Poster

Post by CZforlife »

=p~
Baby Huey
hambone49
AAA Poster
AAA Poster
Location: In memory of Tbone, I moved into his house in Hollywood, Florida

Post by hambone49 »

My Benjamin Blue Streak should also cure him, especially if I double tap him in the ass with one or two pumps.
chuckjordan2
A Poster
A Poster

Post by chuckjordan2 »

BH, is that person Donovan? Nice guy, I shot at last years US Field target nationals with him.

Speaking of Nationals, was there an airrifle event at this years Silhouette nationals? I haven't seen any pics.
hambone49
AAA Poster
AAA Poster
Location: In memory of Tbone, I moved into his house in Hollywood, Florida

Post by hambone49 »

Yes it was our good bud Donovan, who also is about to receive a tricked out 54.18 hunter from the cuban. And they did not shoot air rifle at the Nats.
CZforlife
Master Poster
Master Poster

Post by CZforlife »

It was Donovan indeed!
Baby Huey
CZforlife
Master Poster
Master Poster

Post by CZforlife »

hambone49 wrote:My Benjamin Blue Streak should also cure him, especially if I double tap him in the ass with one or two pumps.
You don't even like air rifles, get outta here. :p And I've got a silver streak lol!
Baby Huey
chuckjordan2
A Poster
A Poster

Post by chuckjordan2 »

BH, say hello to Donovan. Nice guy. So you have been exposed to some nice A/R's.

Me, the last few years I've been restoring older 10M springer airrifles (from Germany).

I sold my TX200 a few years ago. now I have a TX200SR (actually 2) and that is the discontinued model where the action slides back eliminating recoil.

The TX200 is the easiest gun to work on. You may want to detune it and bring it down to 12 ft lbs. Shooting it will be more pleasureable and it could actually increase your score. 12 ft lbs would bring an 8.4 gr pellet to under 800fps (a 7.9 gr Crosman pellet under 825 fps). To detune it you simple could use another spring or remove the 'tophat' which is a metal spacer at the end of the spring. I'd go with Maccari products (http://www.airrifleheadquarters) either way.

Note: in A/R, getting the most velocity is not always the most accurate option. Field target shooters know this and many detune down to about 12 ft lbs. The result is he A/R is easier to shoot and obtain more accurate scores.

Also, if you open it up (again, if I were you) I'd install a Maccari (ARH) piston seal as the factory if good but in expensive.

Tip: when you mount the Bushy, either get some BKL mounts with about 5moa (called droop), have someone hone in the MOA, or, shim the rear mount. Why? It reduces rotation (clicks) at the far distances.

If I were you, I'd spend some time talking to Donovan about the above.

Congrats! The TX200 is one fine A/R machine. You'll have a great combo with the TX200/Bushy.

PM me if you want to discuss further.
Chuck
Innocent
Uber Master Poster
Uber Master Poster

Post by Innocent »

Chuck,
We have tried to get air rifle nationals going for sometime now. Total resistance from Greg Conner (NRA) and finally got him to agree to have one if we could get more than 70 shooters to a regional. We did this at Winnsboro (over 85) in 04 or 05 (can't remember which year), to have Greg agree to a nationals for following year....cancelled by spring because of "lack of funding", despite the host club volunteering to take on all expesnes running the match.

Mary

chuckjordan2
A Poster
A Poster

Post by chuckjordan2 »

I used to live in NOVA (Nothern VA) and used to shoot at the NRA range in the 90's. It was nice back then. I won't go back and I fully understand what you said and what you didn't say. I wish they would embrace the airrifle thing, but, they never will. Tis a shame, I'm an A/R shooter.
Innocent
Uber Master Poster
Uber Master Poster

Post by Innocent »

Chuck,
I''ll shoot just about anything as long as I don't have to take a shower with it. Although I must admit I did shoot BP a few times when I was younger.

Mary