Chinese TX-200

Pumps, pre-charged, springers and everything else pneumatic.
ShooterP14
AA Poster
AA Poster

Re: Chinese TX-200

Post by ShooterP14 »

Thanks Dee. I sent him an email for more info.

-Pat-
The Wonderful White Winged Warrior - He's Everywhere! He's Everywhere!
stsbuyer
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by stsbuyer »

psteiger wrote:It's better to get the real deal, however, I was the PO of cdstech's BAM 40. It supposedly had a full tune put on it. JM spring, new guides, internal smoothing and polishing, also has a brass trigger guard. I think I gave Paul $2225 or around that for it. Larry Engle has shot it and pronounced it good. I hated it, as the right handed cheek piece sucks for lefties. Anyway it was extra, so it went in trade. It got cdstech in the game for very little, and gave him a good starter gun, and I got a IZH-60 and a parts gun. I would NOT pay $450 for a new BAM. I also would get the TX200 or HW97 if I was paying that kind of money. You can find used BAM40's for $200 or less. If you like to tinker, make parts and experiment, it might be a player for you. If you don't, it can be a frustrating experience. Also, don't expect TX accuraccy from it. Kinda like my dad and his SB silhouette gun. He refused to buy a 1416 (before the CZ's) and decided his 10/22 would do. After a new barrel, new stock, new trigger and free labor, he had a $750 10/22.........Then he bought an Anschutz. LOL Either way you go, good luck and have fun, cuz that's what it's all about.

p
Pat,

I looked and could not find the extra $2000 you gave me for the B-40. Please have that check ready next time I see you. LOL. I agree with Dee and the rest, do not pay $350 for the B-40 when you can pick up a real TX200 for $475.
Paul Freeman
Alvin, Tx
psteiger
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by psteiger »

I mailed the check today........... :))

cdstech re-built the B40 and it had been tuned. After several cases of pellets, it was ready for a freshening. He reports that with new JM internals and it's shootin sweet. I think he loves to fiddle with them as much as he loves to shoot them. Fenton Sandlin has tuned all of our TX200's and they are the swettest shooting guns ever! Man, he does nice work.

p
cedestech
Distinguished Master Poster w/Palms

Post by cedestech »

The B40 Pat hooked me up with (thanks again Pat :) ) was tuned but no idea by who. They made the rear guild out of brass and it was shucking brass and filling the trigger group up with brass glitter.

I bought the complete JM TX200 kit and a new seal, stripped and Truoiled the stock, cleaned up the internals and installed the JM kit, played with the piston weight and it now shoots a solid
730 +/- 5 fps with a very solid "thunk". It prefers JSB Diabolo but I have 3 boxes of CPL's left so I'm practicing with them. The target is 5 shots of a stand at 20 yards in my house with the CPLs.
The JSBs will almost go in the same hole.

I wouldn't pay more then $250ish for a tuned one. They are a good copy but definantly NOT a TX. Pat has me hooked and now I have a LG55 and a RWS 54 that is at Ed K's for a complete tune.

Emmett Dibble, Houston, Texas. Where's my buddy Jason? Keeper of electronic records and banisher of little pieces of paper?
board
Unclassified Poster

Post by board »

The initial reviews are good but there is concern that the first guns supplied/reviewed may not be representative of the regular production. Apparently that happened with another gun badged with a big US Gunmakers name, might have been the Legend/Legacy (?).

I doubt AA have too much to worry about in the UK market the price of the B40 is in the $250 region and these guns always seem to come to the UK at $=£ or more!

So it’ll price out in the UK and unless they get the QC fixed/consistent in China it will probably fade in the US because they are use to paying a LOT less for Chinese guns.

So saying the Huntsman clone is still doing well (according to the Forum posts), none of them have blown up and most shoot well enough.

So where’s the left-handed prosport then?

This could be a good thing AA have been a bit slow around the market recently. It might spur them on to get new guns moving or at least cater for Lefty’s.
psteiger
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by psteiger »

I've got a left handed Pro Sport. Shoots good, pretty wood, but the TX is easier to cock. The one I want to try is the SLR98 in 177.

p
CZforlife
Master Poster
Master Poster

Post by CZforlife »

Any body want to buy a TX??? I have a spare lol PM if so.
Baby Huey
ShooterP14
AA Poster
AA Poster

Post by ShooterP14 »

PM sent
The Wonderful White Winged Warrior - He's Everywhere! He's Everywhere!
cedestech

Post by cedestech »

Or buy mine, scope and mounts INCLUDED with a 1250 count box of CPL's AND the settings already on the scope... all you litteraly have to do is pull it out of the box, cock it, put a supplied pellet in it, dope the scope with the info provided, do a decent artillery hold and break the trigger....

Just sayin...

;)

(only reason it's for sale is I just got my 54 from Ed K today and it's a LAZER rifle... for $800 of rifle and tuning it ought to be...)

:D
Emmett Dibble, Houston, Texas. Where's my buddy Jason? Keeper of electronic records and banisher of little pieces of paper?